Hi Everyone...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KayLyn, Dec 30, 2002.

1. KayLyn

KayLyn New Member

Hi...My name is KayLyn and I am new to the group. I jumped right in and begin to post...but I felt like I should introduce myself. I have Fibro and MS...actually...this group seems much more supportive than other groups that I have been a part of...I am 35 years old and have not been able to hold a job since 1997...which has cut me out of any disability...so this is a really difficult time for us...I am a graduate student though at Texas Tech University and will graduate in May with a degree in clinical psyc...and hopefully go on for my Doctorate...but at this time, my mind is not very clear...so we will see...I am in the middle of the worst exaserbation with MS and Fibro that I have ever experienced...so I have been on my computer more this month than ever before...I have appreciated all of the wonderful information that I have gotten from here...and look forward to reading every day...

I wish you all a very Blessed and Healthful new year...
    KayLyn
    [This Message was Edited on 12/30/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/30/2002]
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

This is a wonderful place to be I think. There is a wealth of information and so much support here. i hope that you feel comfy here and enjoy the sight as so many of us do.
    Welcome,
    Joannie
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome! I'm sorry you are having such a bad stage with this now, but I'm glad you found this site....I agree with you that this is a very supportive bunch with a wealth of great information on everything from supplements to meds to exercise to diet to therapy---I've learned a ton about FM & how others cope & treat it since I've been here. And you will hopefully get responses from those with MS, too, because they are here. I hope your recent bad period starts to fade; I don't have the additional burden of the MS, but I've had some really down periods with FM, flares that seemed to last longer & harder than usual, and often just when I felt it'd never let up, it seemed to lessen. So don't lose hope! And in the meantime, find out all you can here. Welcome again, & I hope you find better health & less pain in the New Year!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Rosario

Rosario New Member

I hope your flare-up is short-lived, and that you feel better soon. My name is Rose and I am also new to the group. I agree with you, this board is very supporting and encouraging, with a wealth of information. Feel better. R
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi KayLyn, welcome to our world. Glad you have been reading the board.

We do have really great people here, always willing to help, and if they can't do that, then they are willing to be supportive for you.

Again, welcome and you also have a wonderful New Year!

Shalom, Shirl