HI EVERYONE!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pands45, Feb 9, 2003.

1. pands45

pands45 New Member

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE GETS CRAMPS ALOT IN THEIR FEET. MY LEFT FOOT CRAMPS ALMOST EVERY NIGHT. AND SOMETIMES AFTER I HAVE BEEN SITTING FOR AWHILE, AND GET UP AND START WALKING, I CANT WALK RIGHT AWAY ON MY LEFT FOOT, IT HURTS. IT FEELS LIKE A CRAMP THAT I HAVE TO WALK OFF EVENTUALLY. ITS MAINLY IN THE AREA OF MY BIG TOE AND THE NEXT ONE DOWN, AND HALF WAY DOWN MY FOOT. THIS JUST STARTED ABOUT 1 MONTH AGO. PLEASE HELP! THANKS. SHERRI
  2. Debbi

Debbi New Member

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT THE FOOT CRAMP THING WAS SOMETHING EVERYONE ELSE HAD - HAVE HAD THESE CRAMPS FOR PAST 6 - 8 MONTHS - THE ONLY RELIEF I HAVE FOUND IS EXTENSION EXERCISE FROM THE ANKLE - MAYBE THIS WILL HELP YOU
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I used to have this a lot in the beginning, and it eased up once I started taking 1,200 mgs. Calcium Citrate in divided doses with meals, and 400 mgs. Magnesium citrate at bedtime.
    I now have pain on the bottoms of my feet, esp. my right heel, which is caused by plantars fascitis, a common problem in FMS patients. I have tried shoe inserts with no luck, so I just try to keep moving and exercising, but not over doing it. And, I keep my feet warm so the muscles don't contract.

Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 02/09/2003]
  4. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Yes, I have been having trouble with muscles cramps the past week. First in my feet and later in my legs. I am taking lots of calcium & magnesium everyday so I don't understand what is going on. I seem to be in some type of flare up this week anyway. Lots of aching and burning going on through out my body. Having a tough time sleeping now even with ZMA. Anyway, I am being careful about not wearing tight shoes and keeping my feet warm as this seems to help them not get cramps. It sure does hurt and it was some what embarrassing when I was at the grocery store. All of a sudden my left foot (same location you mentioned) began cramping up on me. I was walking around trying to work it out and ended up hobbling around until it started to let up. Then all of a sudden the right foot started doing the same thing. Fortunately my husband was with me because I was driving my manual tranny car and could not handle the clutch pedal in this state. This DD just keeps us hopping. LOL (bad pun I know) I increased my water intake after this because I am thinking perhaps I was getting dehydrated. But I'm guessing. Could it be lack of oxygen to the area? Maybe someone can help us with this painful problem. Anyone?