Hi folks..We've been SICK at our house/ New Pic in profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wish_to_be_healthy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Me and "the Whippet"...from last March...you can tell by the dirty snow!

I haven't been on...all thre of my guys had strep, and I had the cold from heck...them my husband, then my little one strep and cold at the SAME time!!!!

Have to play catch up again...

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Great picture!

Sorry you and your family have been sick. Strep is no fun, that's for sure. Hope you are all on the mend.

My house is full of germs also. All three of my kids have the flu/headcold/sore throat combo. Usually I do not get sick when they are, but I will say "usually" so I do not jinx myself. But I am dead tired.

Hope you have a good night, and get some good rest. Kim :)
  3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

Cuuuutttte dog!

I think my mongrel mutt may be part whippet because he looks alot like yours!

4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Glad to see you!! It funny just last night i was thinking, "gee, haven't seen any post from wish lately!"

And here you are! Hope everyone is feeling good again.

I really like your whippet! I love that brindle color, my great dane was brindle. Were did you get her??

We all have colds and sniffles around here, but not too bad. My boys have been pulling the "I'm tired, can i stay home from school" act lately! LOL

It's tuff to be mean ol' mom!

5. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Yes, It's been quite an acute attack of the crud going on...the little one still has a fever for 4 days...it goes away, then he gets another one.

Ouch...LOL You think I look like you? like your pic? I guess I do...when I have the crankies!

Boltchik...great to see you ; ) I'll have to play catch up.

Bigmama2: I got my whippy in CA from a breeder there...I keep wanting to add another hound, but I just haven't had the energy to start out with a new dog...I hope soon I will have that energy.

Morningsonshine...Great to see you too! I know the: "But MOM, I still feel sick, can't I stay home one more day?"

The boys are off anyway today, it's a release day for Mpls public schools.

I'll write more later,

[This Message was Edited on 01/26/2007]
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope you are all soon 110% healthy (as the sports people say). What is the name of your whippet?

Are you in Minneapolis or a suburb? Back in the 60s I lived near Sears on Lake street in an old duplex. The rent was $27.50 a month. Hard to believe, huh?
  7. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I LOVE your sweet baby!!!! We had a Grey for awhile and she was our baby! We have thought about getting a Whippet but the Greyhound Rescue Group guy said they were kind of "not there". But I didn't believe him! I think they are gorgeous and smart too!

We couldn't keep Darby (our Grey) because she was extremely destructive and we found out the reason she was being the way she was is because she needed a family with children and we didn't have any at the time. She needed that constant attention children can give.

At the time we didn't think I could get pregnant otherwise we would have just held onto her and made it work!

My poor husband cried his eyes out when we took her back. Oh, it was awful. But one day we are going to get another Grey!

Anyway, I am rambling. I just wanted to tell you that I love your beautiful baby!!!!!