"Hi" from Callum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Callum, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Callum

Callum New Member

Hey guys - I haven't been to the board in a long time, and just wanted to pop on and say "hello", and that I hope y'all are doing well!

2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

CALLUM... CALLUM... CALLUM... !!!

How are you? What are you doing? Treading other boards? (fingers crossed) Staying above water?

I was just turning off and wasn't going to come here but must have grazed something with my mouse and there you were!

Peace out,
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

But just a hi???? Where've you been? Have you been performing again? How are you feeling?

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

How wonderful to hear from you. Pop back again and talk to us.

What's the latest from the greenroom? How is Gary (that right?)

Just finished reading a play Called Stairway to the Roof by one of our greatest
    playwrights. It is terrible! Well, he was only 30 when he wrote it. Apparently
    produced in Pasadena and nowhere else.

He went on to win Pulitzer Prizes and numerous other awards. And he
    changed his name to Tennessee Williams. (It used to be Missouri

We want an encore appearance.

5. jole

jole Member

Good to hear your name at least....lol....so, tell us more! It's always good to find out what's going on in your life, and what part you're playing. Hope all is going well! Love, Jole
  6. Callum

Callum New Member

My life is so dull!

I've been in a couple of recent productions, one that I was pretty proud of called "The Flu Season" (it had nothing to do with influenza, but ironically, it opened the week after the swine flu hit the headlines.)

Lately, I've been flying out to Phoenix to spend as much time with my mother as I can, who seems to be sliding quickly down the slippery slope of vascular dementia.

Gary is great (fabulous memory, Rock).

The play I had in mind has evolved into a David Sedaris/Augusten Burroughs-type memoir, tentatively titled "Once Upon an Ugly Duck."

Now it's your turn to fill me in!

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I can't remember the last time we chatted but I know I got a new disease since we did.

I spent the entire last year losing weight dramatically after my daughter went in the psych hospital in London. I met a major movie star there too, you'd be thrilled to know I sat in a garden conversing with him! Major British star....(His last picture was up for Best Pic Oscar this past year, but I won't reveal his name because it wasn't common knowledge that he was in the hospital and I'd like to help protect his privacy)

Anyway the weight loss was so bad that when I visited her 2 weeks later, I needed new clothes again and this continued all year.

I was recently dx with Pancreatic Enzyme Insufficiency....I was basically malnourished, my body doesn't process any nutrients from food at all....and now I'm a stick person.

My doc wasn't listening to me complaining about losing weight....can you imagine a woman complaining of losing weight????? I finally convinced him to send me out to a German doc who dx me in two weeks. I now take a pill each time I eat (6 a day) so I can get nutrition from foods. No weight gain yet, but my clothes are fantastic!!!

My daughter was recently hospitalized again for a month and although she wanted to go back to the Priory in London, she was hospitalized here in Germany in the Black Forrest. Best thing that's happened to her, she was properly dx with schizo affective disorder /depression and her meds have been simplified and they're WORKING!!!!

She's doing so well that I'm taking her on a short trip to Rome at the end of this month....we're both so excited!

I'm so sorry about your Mom.....please take care of yourself during this very difficult time, I'm sure the stress must be difficult but I'm glad you're able to make the trips to share some time with her. I'm sure it's precious.

8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Not much goin' on here. I have little energy;
    seldom leave the house. I did go to the eye
    doctor today. You can read about the trek
    on the b-day post Marta started.

I am wearing my red slippers that Gordon knit.
    Reminds me of David Sedaris when he was
    a Christmas elf.

Never heard of The Flu Season. Is it by Will
    Eno? That's an anagram for Ell Wino which
    sounds like a bar in Tijuana. Did the audience
    cough a lot?

I am continuing to read lots of books, but w/
    my Alzheimer's I'm having trouble keeping the
    characters straight.

We need Ken to come back and take charge
    of the book club.

My depression has lessened thanks to vitamins
    D3 and the B12 patch.

Drop by more often. Always good to hear from

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that some helpful meds
    were found for you and your daughter. I hope
    the trip to Rome is memorable.

9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you and hear that you are continuing with your acting pursiuts. I am sure yu are enjoying yourself. That is is importatn that you continue to do things that you enjoy. I enjoy singing and very occasionaly tap dancing with my small groups. Tha has truly been my therapy assssss the acting is yours. Have fun and stay well !!

Don't be a stranger and pop in any time.

10. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Great to hear from you Stranger!!!!! Sounds like you are keeping busy and i am so sorry to hear about your Mom. She is lucky to have you to be by her side.

11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I picked a good day to wander by!

Sorry to hear about your mom. Boy, that's a tough one for everyone.

Loved Rock's comments about your play and a coughing audience.

Great to see you here!