Hi from Charlotte! back to work-any good docs here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Aug 20, 2003.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

How is everyone? I have not posted in so long. I thought in the past a few of you were from the Charlotte area. Anyone have a good pain management doctor? due to my spinal arthritis and my knee I am on the duragesic patch and have not found a doc here yet.

It has been a long road to recovery on my knee from the acl reconstruction and the fibro flare from he** since last September. My family and I are now in charlotte.

I started a ultrasound job in an OB office where everyone is so nice, the pace is slower and it is not full time quite yet---which is nice because the boxes are still not all unpacked LOL----I am working on my own with the nurses and doctors and loving it. No weekends, no holidays, no call, no call, no call yeah! my hubby is home with us for the first time in five years. His job is M_F with only one weekend out of six on call--we are going through a period of adjustment living together again, but all in all it is going well.

My health, like any of us comes and goes. I have been doing okay. In pain a lot, but that comes with the territory. I am greatful that I am able to work again.

We were in corporate housing for one month and them found a house for rent and moved in last week-so I am sore from lifting and unpacking and scanning again after almost a year off. I take it a day at a time and need to find a gym or YMCA--my workouts have all but disappeared in the last few weeks with job interviews and moving. I had a gym at the corporate apartment--now I am on my own and am looking into the Y this weekend--they have water classes etc--I have found that working out has truly helped. My routine with my ACL reconstruction turned into 2 hour workouts 4-5 times a week--I was feeling pretty strong--got to get back to it before my leg turns skinny again!!

I hope all or you are well. Enjoy the good moments in life while they are there.

In friendship

Cathy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Long time, no post. It's good to see you posting again.

Love, Mikie
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I'm very Happy to read that things are going well for you and your family. I had been wondering how you were doing?
    I remember when you had the Surgery, you posted for awhile, I was hoping that the Surgery had helped you.
    Are you still in Pain from the Surgery? Or, is it a combonation of Health problems, like a lot of us have?

Glad you have a Job that you can do now, I remember you looking for one, glad that worked out. BTW, dosen't any of the Dr'.s you work for, Know of a FMS Dr. for you?
    Take care and remember to be Nice to yourself, and post when you can, we missed you.
    sharon
  4. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I've wondered how you were doing. You have had a lot to handle this past year! It sounds like you have found a great job and are doing well with your knee. Good for you!I''m still home & feeling kinda like a dud but hoping to get back to work some day too. Take care!
    Darla

[ advertisement ]