Hi! Glad I found you guys.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chrissy2, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Hi! I was just diagnosed with FM a few weeks ago. Although I'm not happy about having it, I am grateful to finally know what's wrong with me.

I had been diagnosed with OA in my neck a couple years back, but continued to experience pain in other areas (hips, knees, shoulder, TMJ, lower back, etc.). And boy do I get TIRED. I have stopped off the road on many to take a snooze. I thought perhaps I was just getting more arthritis. So I finally went to an Arthritis Clinic in my area, and was diagnosed with FM. So much makes sense now.

The most annoying thing to me is my FREQUENT URINATION (I'm talking about 25 times a day!!!) I am going to try the cranberry regimen. Is there anything else I can do? Also, do I REALLY have to give up coffee to help me stop from peeing so much? I get so tired, the coffee helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my message. I will be praying for all of you, and hope you have a pain free day :eek:)

-Chrissy
  2. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Hi! I was just diagnosed with FM a few weeks ago. Although I'm not happy about having it, I am grateful to finally know what's wrong with me.

I had been diagnosed with OA in my neck a couple years back, but continued to experience pain in other areas (hips, knees, shoulder, TMJ, lower back, etc.). And boy do I get TIRED. I have stopped off the road on many to take a snooze. I thought perhaps I was just getting more arthritis. So I finally went to an Arthritis Clinic in my area, and was diagnosed with FM. So much makes sense now.

The most annoying thing to me is my FREQUENT URINATION (I'm talking about 25 times a day!!!) I am going to try the cranberry regimen. Is there anything else I can do? Also, do I REALLY have to give up coffee to help me stop from peeing so much? I get so tired, the coffee helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my message. I will be praying for all of you, and hope you have a pain free day :eek:)

-Chrissy
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I've had FMS for 17 yrs. and I still have to go at least 20 times per day.
    I probably make it worse by drinking a gallon of water daily, but like 75% of FMSers, I have a Mitral Valve Prolapse, and the water is essential to keep the palpitations away.
    I don't think the drugs designed for this are much help, since they only reduce the need to go by about twice daily....not even noticeable for folks as bad off as we are.
    I've heard that exercises called Kegels can sometimes help this problem. Do a websearch to see what Kegels are....they're easy to do.
    I just hope you don't live in a part of the country (like I do), where water is very expensive. You should see our water bill from all that flushing!
    In empathy,
    Klutzo
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi! Glad you found us, too! How much coffee do you drink? A cup a day---isn't too bad...but if you get the level on up there...yes, it is going to stimulate urination. There are natural products you can take for energy---that will not send you back and for to the ladies room :)
    Welcome to the board,
    Karen
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Chrissy, welcome to our world! As for as those bathroom runs, well at least we know our kidneys are working. I do about as many runs a day as you do.

I stopped drinking a lot of coffee a few years ago, not because of this, but I developed ulcers. I now drink one cup in the morning to wade off the Fog. But I do drink half my body weight in ounces of water a day, plus decaff. hot tea too. The caffeine is really not good for us who have Fibro, I think it intensifiers the pain. I know it makes my heart pound if I drink more than two cups, and I get the jitters too.

As for the cramberry juice, it will clear up any bladder infections, but it did not help with the amount of bathroom trips.

I have an electric well pump, so I run up the electric bill with the flushes!

Glad you have found our board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Glad you found this board!

I can sure relate to the frequent urination. One word of caution that I found out from my urologist who dx'd cystitis (mine isn't too bad & comes & goes): cranberry juice is great for true bladder infections, but actually counter-productive for cystitis. It not only won't help, it made me worse, until I found this out. Cranberry powder is what you want, found in a product my urologist turned me on to, called Cysta-Q. It's a supplement that promotes good bladder health (they have a website). I don't take it daily, but start back on it when I have problems.

And the advice to drink plenty of water for FMS is sound, even if it does make you pee!! FMSers seem to need even more water than most people.

Glad you are here, this is a great place to learn about all things FMS & CFS-related!!

Take care,
    Pam

[ advertisement ]