HI GRAMAT!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilac123, Sep 9, 2005.

1. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

First of all welcome. I am not sure how I ran across one of your posts but I saw you are from central Illinois. I too live just north of Peoria. I would love to share information with you.

I go to Dr. Hanna with the Methodist Medical Group. He is a rhuematologist. I was dx last yr with Fibro, Degenerative Disc, Osteoarthritis and just all over back problems, etc., etc.

I too did home health care. In fact that is when I started noticing all these problems. I am no longer able to do it and miss it soooo much. I would love to hear from you it sounds like we have alot in common.

I don't know of any Fibro centers in this area. Do You? I have been on this board for about a yr I think and I have never met anyone from this area. Do you know of any support groups, etc??

Take Care and again, Welcome!!
    Lil

2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

3. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Glad to meet you too!

I haven't been on here long, but its good to find someone who live close too.

I think the closest FFC is in Cleveland Ohio which is 6 or 7 hrs from here. I would love to go to one someday, wouldn't you?

My husband is retired military so we just this year went on TriCare ins. It is much cheaper but we go thru a PCP and get referrals to other drs. He gives me Cymbalta, Trazadone, etc but my old Dr. a gp gives me the pain meds.

I would love to find a support group too. mabe the arthritis foundation has some info on them.

Mabe we can get together sometime. That would be great.

I'll post a pic if I can figure out how :)

Thanks for the welcome,
    Carolyn

Carolyn
  4. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Nice to hear from you GramaT! My mom and step dad are retired military too. Well, not my Mom but you know, it is kinda a family plan. We traveled alot when I was younger and stayed with them a bit. Anyway, they are retired and live in AZ now. My mom just came for a two week visti a couple of weeks ago. I miss her terribly already.

I have been trying to find something on the internet tonight that my husband heard on the radio at work today. Supposed to be a new Doc in Peoria dealing with Fibro. I am looking her up and it keeps coming up with stuff about Yoga and Massage. I guess I will just have to call the number on Monday. He said it sounded like they wanted to do a clinical trial or something.

I take Avinza and Vicodin for the pain. I am sorry to say I have just had one of my worst weeks. I can usually get by ok but this has been bad lately. We just went through emptying my father-in-laws house to sell it and i think I over-did it. I just keep telling myself, this will eventually pass.

I think when I am making calls I will call the Arthritis Foundation and see what they offer. The office is right there on Knoxville in Peoria. My doc wants to do the injections in my back but insurance won't cover and I am waiting on disability. Have spoke with Lahoods office and I think they may be helping me. We'll see I guess.

I posted a picture of the bears that I make but will have to look for a recent pic of myself. We live out in the country North of Chillicothe. Wouldn't have it any other way! We just love it here.

Well, looks like it is getting late. Nice hearing from you and take care!

Lil
  5. gramaT

gramaT New Member

I was going to guess it was Chilli you're from. I'm in a little town west of Peo, Hanna City.

Good to hear from you again. I should have checked the board once more before I got off last nite. I've been having trouble the last few days too. You surely did too much I bet. I helped move my son a few yrs ago and thought I would die!

I have to post a pic too. btw, My son who's in the Army in Korea, works on computers. I'm afraid he didnt get that talent from me!:)

Have you tried Noni juice? I heard of it from a friend and got it at walmart. One ounce twice a day really gives me more energy etc.

Dr.Rebecca Knight (on Knoxville)is having clinical trials of Pregabalin, which I heard is good. I would have to go off my meds and don't know if I can yet. you can do a search and see what others say. I also had trigger point injections twice and they didnt help me. Was that what you were referring to?

Prayers for health,

Carolyn
  6. gramaT

gramaT New Member

I forgot to mention.. Your bear is very nice. I don't think I've ever seen any like it. You are very talented!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2008]
  7. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Hi GramaT,

Oh, I am singing praise of gratitude that I feel better today. Still not 100% but I had a scare last night. Tried to walk back to the house from out at one of our ponds just to see if I could. (We have a little golf cart and I usually use it) What a dummy!! I hadn't eaten or drank right all day and had a horrible week. The doc asked how far I can walk, guess I can answer him now. I felt really horrible and afraid I was going down. Won't try that again for awhile. I should have known better.
    Yes, we are about 20 miles north of chillicothe. The clinical trial with Dr. Knight must be what my hubby heard on the radio. I couldn't find too much about it on the internet just a phone number to call. I was hoping to hear some good news about the cortisone shots but I have yet to read that they have helped anyone very much. My back is in such a mess and I can't believe the strong meds I take now don't help much. I just don't think I would want to go off my meds either for a trial. I had a routine that was helping for awhile. But, Alas today was better so I try to be grateful for that. I even canned 12 pints of pickles today. Whoo, Hoo!! They have been sliced and in the fridge for a week now.
    I will definately check out the juice you mentioned. I have been trying B12 under my tongue. I have to watch my blood sugar with those. They make me so hungry.
    Oh, the bears I make are a business that my Aunt in CO started a few years ago. She did real well with them and now just does stuff with chenille fabric and I took over the other stuff. I need to update the pic with a new one I finished and finally sold. I have a web-site and have advertised some (brochures) but finally had my first sale after about a year. They are taking over my home these bears! It was a life saver for me last year to have something to concentrate on when I couldn't work anymore. And I love to sew. (When it doesn't hurt too much!)
    Well, don't mean to write you a book, it is just so nice getting to know someone who is close by. I stay pretty isolated out here except my hubby and pets. And my grandparents live up the road. I was born and raised in Peoria except when I went away for school once.
    Thanks for the prayers and right back attcha ya!!
    Hope you are having a nice weekend.
    Jenny
  8. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Hi Carolyn
    Thanks for the post. You know, I'm not sure if it is a good idea to put your e-mail on there. I wrote it down and will send you a message so you will have mine too. I don't quite understand all of this stuff but I guess it is possible for it to get into the wrong hands. You might want to edit that last message.

So, how was your weekend? And how are you feeling? I am so sore this morning. I forgot to take my Avinza yesterday. Well, kinda on purpose. It was my last one and I need it for today. My hubby will pick up the prescrip on his way home from work hopefully.

I have so much to do and just no energy and too stiff to move until my meds kick in. I picked up my flexerial wich I usually don't take unless I really need it and it just makes me want to sleep. I have way too much to do to sleep and hubby is getting sick of the house being such a mess. Well, not really but you know. He knows I can't do stuff sometimes but he was all gung ho this weekend pointing out this and that, that needs to be done. We have had alot going on lately with moving stuff from his parents home and I went yesterday with my sister-inlaws to scrub walls so we can paint and then sell it. I probably did way too much. I tried not to but you know how that goes! Came home yesterday and slept all afternoon!!

I think I will call that place doing the clinical trial today. I jsut want to check it out. I did read some good stuff about this new drug pregabilin (SP??). I just wonder how do you know if you are one of the ones getting the placebo?? I also saw a paper at the docs office last week about pool therapy through the arthritis foundation down at Methodist. I think it was $45 for 2x's a week for 6 weeks. I think that would help me alot. My grams up the road just got rid of her pool and got a hot tub instead last year. It is ok, but I miss the pool with this hot weather adn they said that would be the best thing for me. There is also a place in Chilli called Pierce Community Center. They have a pool but I don't know about classes. I met an elderly lady at CVS one day who I overheard talking about her Fibro. I introduced myself adn told her I would check on her. I should give her a call too. I would like to get into something like pool therapy for the excersise I think it would help me not be so stiff and get me out of the house some days.

Oh, you asked how I was dx. It all started when I was taking care of a man who was late stages alzhiemers desease. I just loved him and the family so much. We got really close. Anyway I was lifting him without a lift just with my arms everyday. I went to the chiro thinking I could jsut get an adjustment and be ok. He looked at xrays of my back and said he couldn't help me it was a total mess. So, all the MRI's and tests started adn found I had Fibro, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Coccyndia (tailbone), CFS, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteoarthritis, etc. etc. It was quite a blow as I was always very active and kinda athletic. Now, I feel like an 80 year old woman most days. My grams is 82 and gets around better than me. she is a health nut and has taken really good care of herself all these years.

Well, I am just rattling on and on I better go and check my e-mail. I will write you a note with a link to my web page if you want. I have most of my bears on it but do'nt get any traffic. I need to do some work there too but not today.

Hope this finds you well and nice getting to know you!!
    Jenny

PS My hubby doesn't like me on here too much either so I try to make the most of it while he is at work. Then I usually have to rest up so I can get him a meal and do evening chores, etc.