Hi Great Barrier

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by fromnz, Apr 11, 2007.

1. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi Lynne,
    I read your post on the Fibro forum, & have posted a long reply, but wanted to welcome you to this Baord also. These folk are amazing prayer Warriors & I have been so blessed by coming here.
    It is so neat to find another Kiwi here! It doesn't make me feel so far away from everyone knowing there is another Kiwi writing here also. The time difference makes it very difficult as most are sleeping when we are awake!!
    I wish we could get each other's emails, but that is forbidden, for good reasons obviously.
    I hope you have a lovely holiday, where up North did you go to?
    Cheerio for now,
    Linda.
  2. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

hi Lynda,
    we went to walkworth, our daughter and soninlaw who is a Paster there . Gateway Church. they are such a neat couple..
    Alan did his girls garden while i watche d and cheered him on lol.....
    we are glad to be home and I do need to get to bed as I am feeling all hot and sweety which happwns when I am tired .. hope to catch you tomorrow... blessings Lynne
  3. fromnz

fromnz Guest

I couldn't find the post so had to check on my profile for your reply! I am a bit further North than Warkworth, you struck some awful weather though while up this way, hope you managed to stay warm.

I am keeping quite well at present, but the latest run of work has caught up with me & I am feeling worse than usual, but am sure it will pass quickly as Is eem to bounce back quickly, although that is something new for me. I am enjoying the better health but have had it bad in the past.

I'm sorry your legs cause you so much trouble. I had a few months when my legs packed up also, I got checked out for MS as all the symptoms mimicked that, but got the all clear so guessed it was the old FM playing up. It was scary for a while there though. I was living alone & found it really hard getting around with a leg that didn't want to hold me up, & dizzy etc, fun & games for sure!

I have replied on your other post also but we may get asked to move to chit chat as that forum is for medical issues to do with FM & ME only, & the Worship forum for prayer requests & religious issues etc. But the Worship forum is great for giving out support etc.

I hope all is going well for you.
    Bye for now,
    Linda.

4. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Hi Lyndia,
    what did they do to knock out ms????
    wil pray you find rest and peace.
    ring gate way he might be able to help !!!!!!! I will email in in regards to prayer and emailing???????? he is good at prayer work.
    Hope that wii help blessings Lynne
  5. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi There,
    You asked what I did to knock out the MS, it was never confirmed I had MS, but my GP was convinced that was what I had as all my symptoms were the same at that time to MS. But I started helping out at a Children's Christian Camp in HB as the camp nurse, my walking had improved by then but I was still off balance a lot & other symptoms. Anyway I mentioned it to one of the directors at the beginning of camp, & he prayed for me & demanded the MS leave. I never thought about it again till I had an appointment with the Neurologist about a week later, & by then I had no more symptoms,(although I had had them for several months till then), he checked my eyes where MS shows up first (something to do with the nerves at the back of the eyes) & it was all clear, so he said I never had MS & he couldn't see why the GP had even referred me!! I gave God the glory, if I did have MS then HE healed me, if it was the FM then it decreased enough to let me return to part time work etc, & again I thank God for that.
    I worked all school holidays that year at the camp & was truly blessed! Plus I was able to return to my nursing job one to two days a week.
    Unfortunately my FM played up last winter & I had to quit my job, then we moved up North, so I have only just returned to the work force again. But since moving up here I have slowly improved, I still get fatiqued quickly, but bounce back quicker than I used to. The pain is still a problem but is controlled most of the time with regular paradex. So I am one of the fortunate ones.
    On a different note, you sure have a lovely big bunch of grand children. How many children have you? I come from a family of six, & there are 16 grandchildren & 5 great grandchildren in our family. My parents are 83 & I live with them now, & see various members of the family when they come to visit my folks. (I doubt they would come so much if it was just me!!)
    I'm glad you had a good holiday. I hope you enjoyed your early swim, I find the pools too cold for me to cope with, plus my size puts me off being seen in a swim suit!! I maybe would venture in if I had company.
    Anyway that is enough for today!
    I hope your day is going well.
    Regards Linda.
  6. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Hi lynda, size close your eyes lol I was big and I have been going now for 2yrs on and off butit has helped lots we are blessed as we have a warm pool and a lovely spa pool so it goes through winter and it is so good ( the space peace of mind etc, oder people go and just lately some really big people bless them and all power to them it is so cool to see, will pray you find some one to go with....
    we have 4 ch,n 3girls 1 boy. 12 grandies yea!!!!
    I am ok need prayer please that Iget my mobile scooter next month plz plz plz. lol
    I have visiters so I need to go love and blessings to youo be brave my friend do what is good for YOU hi to your M&D for me BYE
  7. fromnz

fromnz Guest

I thought you had got lost as so long since we last heard from you! Glad to hear you like the pool so much, good on you. I doubt I'll ever get around to it somehow! Although I did buy a new swimsuit, but when I tried it out the skirt on it floats to the surface & is awful, not inducive to carrying on!!
    I hope & pray you get that scooter, that would be so neat.
    I hope too the visitors had a good time etc.
    Bye for now,
    Linda.
  8. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Hello, I am having a bed day today not feeling the best we had a neat home group last night.
    Had prayer for confusion in the mind and body have had ringing in my ears real bad for a while that leads to sore eyes and on and on it goes " hello God" .however I am in good spirits and going out to womans aglow tonight that is always so good.
    I met another girl with fibro last night we are going to met and chat she is a twin to one of our worship team so that will be good.
    I cant believe that there are so many people with this thing and they can not find out what it is yet alone find some thing to help us..
    well always hopeful God will step in and help.
    Oh dear! rambled again How are you is it rainningup there and does that up set the apple cart with you too??????
    must dash need to go rest again feeling very tired love and blessings Lynne prayers coming your way
  9. fromnz

fromnz Guest

I hope your day in bed has helped, I don't have that option, although I don't need it, PTL, I live in a flat above the garage, my parents are in the house below, if I remained in bed it would put them in panic mode! I have to put in an appearance by 8.30-9am so they know I am ok! I don't let on very often when I am not ok!!
    We have had terrific weather the past few days, very warm days & brilliant sunshine. I took my folks to town today so am pretty wiped out tonight.
    I was supposed to be working tomorrow & Saturday but I have changed it to Sat & Sun, so I get another lie-in tomorrow, instead of being up 6.30am I can stay in bed till 7.30am!
    I'm glad your home group went well. I haven't joined one since moving North, also I no longer get to go to Aglow as I work the day it is on. Mum has been a member & on the baord on & off for many years, she is still going & enjoying it up here. I'm not good with crowds, or meeting people etc! (I definitely don't take after my Mum!).
    I hope you feel better tomorrow.
    Cheerio again,
    Linda.
  10. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Praise God I got my mobile scooter the other day and today I went out to the Aqua centre it was so great to be out and about under my own steam YEA!..
    How are you doing????????
    I have had abad run very sore tired etc on and on it goes but my humor is still in tacked and I can breath and look at all the beautiful things God has created for us to see...
    How are your M&D ????
    I hope you can find some peace in your life to have time with the Lord.
    Did I ask you before where up north are you???
    must go got the office to clean up and I am cooking dinner tonight so I need to go get organized before the day goes and I get to tired and sore. love and blessings coming yur way blessings LYnne
  11. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi Lynne,
    I am in Whangarei, I have been here 9 months now, it beats the Hawkes Bay cold I was used to!
    I too have been very sore for the past week, but my pain has been due to helping lift some heavy residents in the Rest Home I am working in! My neck, shoulders & back are really sore.
    I am so glad to hear you got the scooter, you won't know yourself with the extra independence, that is terrific news!!
    I'm afraid I haven't made it to church for several weeks due to work, I haven't heard from any there either, to be honest I could stop altogether & no one would notice. I haven't got to know any one since moving here last July, it could make for rather a lonely existence, but as I lack energy most of the time I don't really worry about it!! I would say no if someone did ask me out so maybe just as well no one does!!
    I hope your dinner goes well, mine has been precooked for me by my Mum so I am spoilt on the days I work!
    Cheerio for now,
    Linda.
  12. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Hi there,
    our son and daughter use to live in Whanagrie and Alan's sister and one of his brothers live there.. We hope to get up that way when we next go to Warkworth ....
    Yip it was wonderful going on my scooter this morning I left Alan alseep while I slipped out it was so cool..
    Church is like that I give up with christians they are very unfriendly and mostly if you have something wrong with you.
    We have made friends with one couple Alan and he get along and so his wife and I it is good we have a home group and that is cool too. This has taken a long time to happen for us..
    people are so funny like arr!! funny but ya just got to love them A!
    I think you are very brave working I just can't and it did bother me but now it is ok, I do go pass rest homes and think that would be nice - and also little ones to teach abc [ however I know I can not do this anymore [taking me grandies 1 hr a week wears me out hahahahahah..
    well I hope you have a great weekend and that the pain will ease off and you get some rest,.. will be praying for you love and blessings Lynne
  13. fromnz

fromnz Guest

I am heading off to work shortly, I have a long day today, but I am grateful to God that I am well enough to do so, a year ago it wasn't an option!

I am sure you are going to get so much fun from that scooter, I am so pleased for you.

I hope your weekend goes really well. I am planning on going to church tomorrow. We have two services one at 8.30am which I go to & the other at 10am, that one is traditional & full of oldies! The early service is very lively & all the young families go to it. Which is why I don't connect, but I prefer that service to the other one. My parents go to a Baptist church but it is too long a service for me!

I don't stay back for a cuppa which also adds to my not connecting, but I found all the families flock together with their children coming out of Sunday school etc, & after being left on my own several Sundays I decided to just leave straight after the service. That saves me the embarrassment of standing there looking all forlorn!!

I must dash.
    Cheerio again.
    Linda.

[This Message was Edited on 05/13/2007]
  14. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Hi fromnz, how are you doing I am gona get your number.....
    I am on a bumer so sore and so not getting up and on with it. Maybe itis the weather rain down here and cold...
    spirit a bit down as I can not get things done. been up since 4:45am and the house is tidy and warm going to make hubby a coffee and give it to him in bed...
    Life is good family wise all the kinda stuff good praise the Lord but this fibro arrrr!! lol....
    I hope you are well as you work and it must be hard on your body I did the same work loved it but them couldn't do it any more tough really....
    I am teaching my grandies their abc, as I was a teacher and good at that stuff. they are so cute and love doing it..
    I am having an early Mothers day it is tomorrow as both girls here are busy on Sunday, so I am going to hav ea big rest today so I can enjoy..
    Hope you have a great weekend spoil ya Mom and enjoy love and blessings Lynne
  15. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Hi there, tried white pages on internet notheing??????
    see what you can do???? blesssings Lynne
  16. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi Lynne,
    I ended up working all weekend, Fri, Sat & Sunday. Mother's Day disappeared in a blur of work! I left a box of chocolates & a card on the table for Mum before leaving at 6.30am on Sunday. But Mum had a nice day as all the Mothers were made a fuss of at church & lunch put on for them, plus dad was asked to pray for all the mothers as he was the oldest member there!

I am a bit sore after all the heavy work, but not as bad as I thought I would be. I have had a good night's sleep & although still rather tired I don't think I will be too bad.

I'm sorry to hear you have been having a tough time of it, the fibro is certainly a hard thing to cope with. I hope your Mother's day on Saturday was really good.

I would have thought we would be in the white pages but I checked our local directory & only my brother is listed, we came up here in July of last year so thought we would be in by now, but maybe not till the new book comes out. I can only suggest you ring my brother's number if you find it in the white pages, & ask him for my email address. You'll probably speak to my sil Raewyn, I will let her know in case you do that. It would be good to be able to connect more directly!

I hope this week goes well & you enjoy the abc's with your grandies.
    God Bless.
    Linda.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/13/2007]
  17. fromnz

fromnz Guest

Hi Lynne,
    If you google white pages, NZ only, & click on the Telecom Home page white pages add, put in my sirname, we are listed under R & LR who are my parents.
    Hope this helps.
    Linda.