Hi Guys! Goodbye for a few days!!! Be back Friday!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by orachel, Nov 13, 2005.

1. orachel

orachel New Member

No, I'm not going out of town...I'll be stuck here at home alone, just won't be able to come out to play! ;(

Hubby is going out of town with his laptop, and our internet connection is all wonky on my desktop since we just reinstalled windows.

So....that means I won't be seeing you guys for a few days. DH is expected home early on Friday, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you guys then.

Oh, if there are any techies out there who can tell me why my cable modem connection suddenly stopped working when we reinstalled windows (old version was corrupted), I'd be thrilled. Except.....aw man. Not like I can see your advice on how to fix it anyway since I won't be able to get on the internet! I'm a dufus today! LOL

Will miss all of you! Have a beautiful pain free week!
    Hugs,
    Rachel
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Hope DH has a nice and safe trip and brings the laptop home in one piece!

I hope I'm still able to communicate be week's end! I have such a busy week that I will probably be in bed for a few days, starting on Friday!

I have a doctor's appt on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, my daughter is supposed to take me to WalMart on Thursday. That will do me in!

Will miss you this week!
    Janet
  3. jennypee

jennypee New Member

What version of Windows are you running?
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

I missed you on my response to your post to me and Tansy ... Will try to keep it bumped in case your computer problems get resolved.

E.
  5. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

If you're using Win98 or above you should be able to run a connection wizard from the Control Panel in the Windows start up menu. This will detect any live connections.

As well, if you have the software that should have come with your modem - you may just have to reinstall it's driver component.

After reinstalling Windows things just need to be set up all over again. If you have any problems the tech support for your provider should be able to walk you through it over the phone without any problems!

Hope this helps!

~Amanda
  6. fuzzy14

fuzzy14 New Member

SOMETIMES IT'S NICE TO BE ALONE TO JUST STOP AN SMELL THE ROSE'S HOW LUCKEY TO JUST BE ALIVE AN TO HAVE SOME ONE WHO STILL LOVE'S YOU WHEN WE ARE SO SICK....P.S. BE THANKFUL FOR LOVE ONE'S AN FAMILY FUZZY HUGGES
  7. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I was just wondering if anyone knows what happened to Orachel? She was participating quite a bit the end of last year. TIA :)!
  8. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I really liked her.She was full of Ideas.I wish she would come back.

I sure do hope shes ok.

Please come back.

Hey maybe her DH laptop is down.I know what thats like not having a PC.

Sue