HI GUYS IM NEW .HAD SS DR QUESTION PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by auntiem949, Mar 16, 2003.

1. auntiem949

auntiem949 New Member

HI GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY.FIRST A LIL HISTORY .I SUFFER FROM BAD KNEES AND DEPRESSION.I WALK WITH A CAN E AND WEAR A KNEE BRACE IN OCT 2001 I APPLIED FOR SS I WAS DENIED ASKED FOR HEARING WAITED UNTIL OCT 2002 BUT NEVER WENT LAWYER SAID NOT TO GO I KNOW SOUNDS WEIRD BUT THE TRUTH .SO I DIDNT CASE WAS DISMISSED WE REAPPLIED IN NOV 2002 THIS TIME SS ASKED ME TO GO TO THEIR DR FOR DEPRESSION EXAM .I DID IT WAS TOUGH BUT ITS OVER THANK GOD .WELL ANYWAY I ASKED THE SS MAN TO SEND THE RECORDS TO MY DR WHICH HE DID .BEFORE I HUNG UP I ASKED SINCE YOU HAVE THE REPORT WILL I BE APPROVED ,HE SAID ITS WITH THE DRS AT OUR OFFICE NOW.YOU SHOULD KNOW BY END OF MONTH.ANYWAY I CALLED MY DR SHE SAID REPORT WAS EXCELLENT THAT IT WAS VERY DETAILED.THE FIRST LINE OF IT WAS THIS PERSON CAN NOT WORK .SO HERES THE QUESTION DOES THAT MEAN ILL GET APPROVED? WHY DID I HAVE TO GO TO THEIR DRS TO ONLY HAVE THEIR OTHER DRS DECIDE.I KNOW ITS A GOOD THING THE REPORT WAS IN MY FAVOR.I JUST CANT STAND THE WAITING AND NOT KNOWING ILLL JUST CRY FOR DAYS IF I GET DENIED .PLEASE SEND INFO THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING TO MY MESS OF A STORY
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

To even get a good report from a SS doctor is almost unheard of. I think that you don't have anything to worry about. I know its hard not too but I am going through the same things. I just got my first denial letter last week. I am going to see an attorney in a couple weeks because it has proved to be to much for me to take on all by myself. I would think since thier own doctor has said that you cant work then you will probably get approved. Although anything that SS does would not surprise me. I would try to block it out of my mind till you do get a letter then go from there. If they do deny you then get a lawyer this time its a small price to pay if you win benefits. The bes thing to do for now is chill and don't build up yourself to thinking that your going to win this time and then get really hurt if it does come back denied (which since the dr. said you can't work will probably not happen) But still you never know what those people are going to do. Just keep pressing forward and get a lawyer if need be and fight till you win. Best wishes and I hope that it works out in your favor and I will keep you in my prayers.

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. srollins

srollins New Member

Dear Auntiem 949
    Just hang in there. I went through all of this and just got approved last June. It took me 2 years. I was denied twice before getting an attorney. She did a wonderful job for me. You need someone that specalize in this ss thing. Any way don't count any chicken before they hatch when it comes to SS. Anything can happen. It is to your advantage however that your paper work is very very detailed. You may find that your chance of winning may be based more on your depression rather than your knees.
    My advice is at this point~~~ If you get denied this time ~~ don't make another move until you have a good lawyer that specialzes in this. Then do everything she tells you to do regardless of the cost.,and it will have some cost attached. But remember the attorney does not get paid unless you win and you can't win unless you do everything the attorney(specialized) tells you to do.
    I know it is hard on the nerves. I htought I'd come apart at the seams. However I knew I had won before walking out of the building where my hearing was.
    It is my understanding that almost everyone gets turned down the first time and nearly always the second . So good luck and best wishes
  4. auntiem949

auntiem949 New Member

thanks for you input .and i am trying to get it out of my mine but man is it hard .to even think the fight will be over if i win .i know getting a good report from their dr is great news but i dont trust them at all . my dr who sees me all the time says the report was excellent very clear and detailed in the summary he wrote that i could not work at all .so please say your prayers