HI, has anyone been real sick on top of the FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tobyj, Sep 7, 2003.

1. tobyj

tobyj New Member

Has anyone felt so bad along with having the flu that you just fee; like giving up?????????????????????? I can't take any more//////the pain, the aches on tops of aches, and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo depressed. Not doing real well here.
  2. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Hello
    I am sorry you aren't feeing good.. When I get the flu, I feel terrible for weeks. I hope you are getting alot of TLC and chicken soup. Take care Teri
  3. suexi

suexi New Member

It was horrible. I never want to get sick like that again. I have had this DD for about a year and a half and never got the flu until 2 months ago. My head and face felt so awful. I could not even watch TV. Just lay there and listen. I felt alot of anxiety was very dizzy, and could not even imagine walking outside. I could barely get up to eat my soup. This lasted for about 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks I was still very weak.
    Susan
  4. shazz

shazz New Member

My brother is just now recovering from West Nile Virus.
    He was VERY ill for weeks from it. Horrible stomach upset and awful headaches.
    It is really rampant in Colorado and South Dakota where I live. they are skeeter bombing the entire black hills area tomorrow evening, and there have been several deaths in this area from it. All elderly people but one.
    Not trying to scare anybody, just beware. I haven't taken the chance of getting bit, because if I go out in the evening I put on off, or wear long pants and shirts.
    As weak as I am, I don't know what a case of this would do to me.

5. amybelle

amybelle New Member

Oh yes, for some reason when fibro patients get sick, WE get real sick because of are immune systems are lower. I think I have found a little trick. It is a homeopathic drug Zicam liquid nasel gel. When I feel like I am even getting a hint of a cold I take the zicam and extra vitamin C.I work around the elderly so this makes it ten times worse for me. I believe it has helped. I get pheumonia every years I am keeping my fingers crossed that I dont this year!!! Stay healthy and wash your hands alot!!! AMY
  6. rigby

rigby New Member

I got dx with CFS in 1994 got sick in Oct. unable to work find out DJD and FIbro then everyone started telling me I would get out of my depressed state if I would just get out liked I did with CFS but I could not hurt had headaches forgetfulness etc but then in April after my sister had me in tears over not get out I had a heart attack no real sign until I was driving to quit my job after I left there I had it saw doctor that morning just increase heart rate now they want me to go to cardiac rehab try hurts to bad then I am get sinuse infection or URI know how you feel Rigby
  7. kimkane

kimkane New Member

WHEN I GET SICK I DON'T MESS AROUND. I JUST GOT OUT OF HOSPITAL, RECOVERING FROM DOUBLE PNEUMONIA. NO ONE BELIVED ME HOW HORRIBLE I FELT, I WAS LEFT AT THE ER DOOR. COULD HARDDLY WALK IN, THEN THEY KEPT ME FOR 2 WEEKS. FEELING MUCH BETTER NOW, YES WHEN WE GET SICK ,WE GET REALLY SICK.
    HUGS KIMK
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I have had bronchitis for a week and it has made me more fatigued and achey than it use to. Hard to believe! LOL

Get lots of rest and hang it there. I think I am going to order the Zicam and see if helps next time I feel a cold coming on.

Gentle hugs,

Kim
  9. michaele

michaele New Member

Hi TobyJ------

I am so sorry you are really ill. I've been so sick also----the lastest was pneumonia in the Hosp. I can give you some uplifting advice: "this too shall pass". Keep that in mind. I know it's extremely difficult and no one but "us" really understand much, but with time the illness will subside and you WILL make it through............
    I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Michaele

[ advertisement ]