Hi, have ????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laurar, Jul 9, 2003.

1. laurar

laurar New Member

Hello, New to the group, I just found out that I have FM after almost two years of going to Doctor's. My big question is how does one know when you have having pain if's it's FM or something else. My eyes have started this shaking motion, which is new. Is this FM ?. My daughter who is 15 also has FM. Which is harder for me to watch her then to have it myself. I know I have lots else to tell, but for tonight that's all for now
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Laura, welcome to our world. To answer your question, yes I have had problems with ticks (shaking around the eyes), trembling lips, and just those icky feelings here and there besides the known FM pain.

What solved this for me is taking Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) and ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6).

Most of us are deficient in magnesium, so when we get enough in our systems all these odd things seem to go away.

You can go to the 'Store' link at the top left of this page and read about the above two supplements.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

PS. If you have time, please read; 'Messageboard Rules' at the top left of this page written in blue. Its a big help to understanding what is allowed here and whats not. Thank you.
  3. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

if symptoms persist or you are really concerned about it, check it out with your dr. We can't put everything off on fm. I started having tons of muscle twitches and did take the advice on here about magnesium and it did stop the twitches. It certainly can't hurt to try it but if the symptoms persist, check with your dr. Since the onset of fibro, with me anyway, I'm often get new/different symptoms and I always tell my dr. about them. So far, all of them are blamed on the fibro. Hah! but I know that may not always be the case so I keep my dr. informed of all new symptoms.
  4. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

welcome to the board. I have a daughter, and that must be so difficult to see your girl sick. my prayers are with you and your family. I dont have much info to help on your problems, but you will find plenty of it here from everyone else. Take care, Blessings, Iggy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2003]
  5. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

bumping your message for you. dolsgirl
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Welcome to the board.

A good book to start with is Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain (buy the second edition) by Dr. Devin Starlanyl. The first time I read one of her books years ago, I kept remarking when coming across various problems I have, "I didn't know THAT was part of fibro!" There were a lot of things that I had that I thought were separate from fibro. And you do want to educate yourself so when something that is NOT fibro comes along, you will get proper medical attention/workup. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.

There have been numerous books mentioned on this board that you will undoubtedly come across also. Personally I was dx'd over 20 years ago, but recently bought three new books recommended here to learn more---educate, educate!

This board is a wonderful resource. There is a search engine within the board, top of page that says "search messages" type in a topic and past posts come up.

Welcome again, fondly, June

7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Here is your original post. It was not lost!

Shalom, Shirl
  8. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Bumping this again