Hi Ho Hi Ho to FFC I go (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggyfroggy, Aug 22, 2006.

1. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I'm off today! We will drive up today and my appt is in the morning. Everyone wish me luck! Pray, knock on wood, kiss your lucky rabbits foot, whistle a little tune - whatever works!

Gretchen
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2006]
  2. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Positive thoughts being sent your way...hope all goes well!!!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope it all has a happy ending like a Disney movie.
  4. NancyMystic

NancyMystic New Member

Sending good wishes!

Nancy
  5. namow

namow New Member

I wish you a wonderful experience!!!!!
  6. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

For you good wishes everyone! I'll post about the visit in a little bit.

7. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

LOL. I'm pondering on which movie though. Maybe Alladin because I'm still stuck in the cave of whatever it was waiting for the genie to get me the he** out of here!

Gretchen
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Are you Scandinavian or German? My ancestors were both. Well, not the same ancestors if you see what I...never mind.

I have realatives in the great NW and have been to the wonderful Scandinavian museum in Seattle.

Uff-dah!
    Ach de Liebhherr!
    Ha det bra
    Auf Wiedersehen

Rockne
  9. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Thanks for the good words about the PNW. It's a great place if you can stand the dark dank damp winters. We live some 300 miles or so south of Seattle but it really is a wonderful place to visit.

I am named after my Grandmother and yes I have mostly German on one side mixed with a bit of various Scandahoovians. In fact my secondy leventh cousin delivered the German surrender address. The other side's only claim to fame is some moldy unimpressive pile of rocks euphemistically called a castle somewhere in Ireland, that nobody has lived in for hundreds of years.

(y'know, I thought we were going to hear another verse of I am my own Grampa for a minute there - grin-)

I have been spending some of my time the last few years looking up some family stuff and it's been a fun and interesting thing to do.

Gretchen
  10. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi there, good luck with your trip to Portland - I will probably transfer there after the first few visits at Seattle just because it is much closer to me. And yes my wallet is pretty darn light right now; it feels like it could float away entirely.

I do feel positive after my first visit and will keep everyone posted.

BTW, my husband is an electrition too.

Gretchen
  11. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi hangingin!

Intensity is right! She is just a powerhouse and talks a mile a minute! I do really like her and I think she is very dedicated to finding ways of helping us. I do feel encouraged. I was really glad I took the voice recorder!

She had read my filled out questionaire and charts before she even came in to talk to me and asked a ton of questions - even listened to the answers which is more than I can say about most other doctors!

The 'blood-letting' (LOL) was super professional and easy too which gets important after we have been poked and prodded so many times. Really nice people all around.

I have my follow-up on Sept. 28th when I'll get the results of all these tests and I am so impatient to know but I am also glad I have a month to recover before the long trip again; it was really tough even with laying down in the camper all the way up and back.

If anyone has questions please feel free to ask!

It's nappy time :)

Gretchen
  12. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi again'

Well, she said (if I remember it all LOL) that I definitely have something that is causing brain inflammation and autonomic nervous system problems.

She tested me for Lyme and a couple other things for starters. Definately an infectious problem she thinks. She says I have yeast/fungus problems and probably a blood coagulation problem since my heart can't seem to lift my blood out of my feet LOL!

She was very interested to hear about my experience with Mono when I was a kid (I had the worst case my 72 year old doctor had ever seen) and wants to try Gamma Globulin as that is the one thing that it does usually help quite a bit with. I will wait until after the next appointment though as she wants to see what my test results are first.

She wants me to start heavy duty probiotics for the yeasties and D-Ribose to help my heart out and that's it untill the next appointment which will be Sept. 28.

It's hard to wait that next month isn't it? Even 2 weeks would be hard at this point I am so curious to see what the tests turn up.

The lady I sat next to (in the cushy chairs) said the had just started in May ao the Lyme treatments and some other stuff I don't remember and already felt much better which was encouraging.

What to you use for the Lyme? She was using Zithromax. She said it gave her yeast problems but I'm not sure if that would be a problem for me since mine is mostly fungusy stuff.

My brain is so fried right now that I am probably not making much sense so if you have any other ques. ask away!

Gretchen
  13. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Sounds great! I hope hope HOPE we will have lots to celebrate! Even after being home for a few days and the 'high' of feeling so happy about how it all went wearing off I still feel really positive about going! The Corvalen seems to be helping me a bit too so that is already encouraging also.

Let me know how you are doing - I know it won't be an overnight thing for us but I think we will improve (for that amount of $$$$ we BETTER! LOL! )

Gretchen
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2006]