Hi I am back, I am really hurting tonight though

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Hi all, I have not been on here for quite some time. I have been so busy lately to be able to come on here just for me time.

I have been in school now since January and i am looking at graduating some time in November with a certification in medical billing and coding. It has been alot of work. I ended up having to start a daycare to suppliment my hubby's income and survive month to month. Right now I have 6 children all under the age of 6 and my two daughters help me along with going to college also.

My back is really hurting tonight though. Some days after waking at 4am and not getting home from school until 10pm and then getting to bed at 12pm because of homework, I am crying in pain. I am very embarrassed after school when some of my school mates see me in an electric cart. I am suppose to be helping people like that not be one. I do not let on to them how much pain I am in or that I have an illness because I do not want them to feel they have an advantage over me. I already am overweight so that makes me already stick out really badly.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Wow I can't even begin to imagine how you are doing all this!

I wouldnt be crying Id be screaming!

Please do not give a rats as about what anyone else thinks.
    Having been handicapped all my life I wasted alot of it worrying about other people or what they might think.

Use your cart you need all the reserves you can get. Weight if its not an issue for you or hubby then tough.

You are one(ill) and its ok. Stopped being embarassed my gosh girl get that head up high. Look at what you are accomplishing. They probably would admired you! Besides will you ever even see this people again?

Peace and blessings but be kind to yourself and rest
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Nice to see you back but sorry to hear about your pain, but with all your responsibilities I can see why you're feeling so bad.

A lot to accomplish with all your medical issues. I was put on sick leave by my family Dr. in July. My husband is a teacher so he was off during the summer with me. He's back at school now and I'm wondering what the heck to do with myself.

I know that it can't be something that requires daily effort because I never know when I'm going to crash. I'm a computer programmer by trade but I now have shoulder and arm issues from an accident last summer and can't even type too long.

Crazy darn world isn't it. At least I'm still upright and breathing.

All the best and hope to see more posts from you.

4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I am so sorry to hear all of your pain - mental and physical. Like someone else said try to block out what others may think. I always admire someone I see with physical disabilities and how they manage to still get out and work or go to school.

As far as the back pain goes I have 2 different things I use.

The first is a back belt, usually available at WalMart, that I put on underneath my top. It has magnets in it so besides the stability the magnets are suppose to help too.

The second is I bought 2 girdles, 1 size larger (should have gone with 2 sizes larger) when they were on sale at WalMart. I didn't want something slimming I just wanted some back support. They work great on closer fitting clothes where you can't have the bulk of a back belt.

The reason I feel I need a girdle 2 sizes larger is because 1 size is still hard to pull up/down.

Hope this helps, take care.