HI I am new her

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Feb 8, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

My name is Claudia. I am 38yrs. old. I have FM, was diagnosed 3 yrs. ago, but feel I have had this about 15 yrs. or so. I have been unable to work for over 1 yr. now and will be going before a SS judge in March. I am quite nervous about that. So far any dealings with SS have been very stressfull. I am going to physical therapy for the third time, as of now I can't drive, cook or do housework. I remember complaing about having to do all those things before. Never again, I will do them with a smile on my face!:)I can't type too much, it hurts my neck and shoulders, so I don't get on the computer much. I have been feeling lonely and depressed so I thought it might be good to try to find some support. I my not write much, but I would like to check in from time to time if that is O.K. Well take care everyone, I hope you are all getting the encouragement and help you need to be the best you can.:)
    Claudia
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

but..... so sorry that you are having this at such a young age.

There are alot of other young people on here with it too.

I know that you will find this board to be so helpful!

Blessings...see you later....Mari
  3. Anitamj

Anitamj New Member

This is a coincidence. I just posted my first message too! I'm 42. I was just diagnosed a year ago but have had it for almost 20 years. This website so far has been great for me. I've only been on the chat line but even that is great because everyone here knows exactly how you feel. Hang in there!
    Anita
  4. suave

suave New Member

HI CLAUDIA MY NAME IS RENE AND I WAS NIAGONOSED WITH FIBRO APRIL OF 2004. SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I WISH I COULD RUN AROUND AND WORK LIKE I USE TO. IAM WAITING TO GO IN FRONT OF THE ALJ MYSELF HOPEFULLY THIS SUMMER. I APPLYED FOR SSD BACK IN JUNE OF 2004. IAM HAVING THE WORST FLARE UP. I CANT BELIEVE THE PAIN. I JUT GOT NEW MEDS BUT I DONT LIKE TAKING A TON OF MEDICINES. I HAVE BEEN IN SOME DEGREE OF PAIN SINCE THIS WHOLE ORDEAL STARTED. TODAY IS JUST ONE OF THE REALLY BAD DAYS. I CAN BARELY TAKE IT. I HOPE YOU GET YOUR SSD. I HOPE I DO THIS TIME AROUND TOO. I HOPE I DIDNT MISSPELL TO MANY WORDS.-BYE FOR NOW RENE--OH IAM 50--GLAD MY GIRLS ARE GROWN UP, IF THEY WERE STILL AT HOME IT WOULD BE SO HARD.
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Sorry for all my type O's. This time of day it is harder to think.:)
  6. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Part of the problem is the fact that I'm young. People don't take me seriously, I also look fine. It can be frustrating. Take care.
  7. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I will probablly need to do 1 collective post, as all this typing is hard. I am very grateful to all the nice posts. I hope you get better soon. I know with faith, the right physical therapists, and if I need some meds, I will get better. At least that is the way I try to think.:) I pray the same for you.
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I am sorry you feel bad. I can totally relate. I so apprciate all the kind messages, but I will probably need to do 1 collective post, because I can't type too much. It makes my neck and shoulders tighten then I get dizzy and have bad headaches that can turn to migraines. I hope you are able to get some rest, take your meds ( if you have them) and feel better!:)Take care. Be patient with yourself ( I know I'm trying to learn not to push myself).
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and information and fun. I'm sorry for the need to find a support group because of FM, but I know this board has been a lifesaver for me.

Come on when you can. You may find it becomes addictive. But, I do understand the back and neck problem.

Take care, and maybe you can get some tips from others here who have been through the SS system. It's not an easy thing.

Sue
  10. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Yourhealth is a difficult thing to endure. This is probably the only place that you can come that others will understand your pain and sympathize with you. we have all been through it and stilli are.

Dont worry about tyhping.we all make mistakes. Please feel free to vent to us - tell us your pain - telli us about your better days. This board understands and it is the best thing that has happened to me to cheer my up a little wwwhen things get rough.

We love you and gentle hugs
  11. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I need all the help I can get! And I'm slowing learning how to ask for it.:)
  12. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I find just reading the posts is helpful in that I don't feel alone in this. Sometimes I feel like other's don't believe me, or even though they try, they just don't "get" it.
  13. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

I am 38 too. I was diagnosed last September, but think I've had FM for most of my life (darn, those docs are slow to figure things out, aren't they?).

I haven't been here long, but have found this board to be very helpful and supportive when I'm able to come here. Hope you will too! :)
  14. debfee11

debfee11 New Member

I'm also new (about 10 days). I am new to this whole computer thing so I don't understand so much of the lingo. But I have already picked up quite a bit from our new friends. I am 53 and have have FM since 41 although I think I had symptoms before that. I know what u mean about SS. Just FIGHT!! BUT, the Judge usually approves u after you've been turned down twicw & come with a lawyer. I worked from when I was 14 and I receive a WHOLE $555./mo.Can u believe that u can live on that. Oh well I'm just thankful I have Medicare. We're all here for each other. The only place where we all know what it feels like when the outside world thinks that if u look okay than u must be okay. Love Debbie XXX
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i would urge to get one, less stressful for you and they know the in's and out's...

welcom aboard

jodie
  16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I would normally write you something lomger but hands are in a cease up right now and the neck 0000 the neck.

GFlad you found this great board, we are all very supporting here.

See ya later.
    Love Anne