Hi I am new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tuxie08, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Tuxie08

Tuxie08 Member

I suffer from both Fibro and RA plus OA have had it for year I am currently trying Lyrica and would love to know if anyone has had any success or not with this it is completely new to me and feel kind of strange on this medicine
    Tuxie:confused:
  2. dmcduck

dmcduck Well-Known Member

Tuxie - although I haven't used Lyrica my self, knowing the type of medication it is, it would not be surprising to feel some interesting/strange side effects as you start using it. Be sure to follow the directions carefully. Also, unless the side effects are truly overwhelming, be sure to give it time before deciding whether it is working or not...sometimes the effect can take a few weeks. Best of luck and keep us posted.
    bct likes this.
  3. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Tuxie, I tried Lyrica but didn't like it so switched back to Neurontin which I can handle much better. I have ME (CFS), peripheral neuropathy, and a bunch of other ailments. The Neurontin was rx'd me for the neuropathy. I was on it along with tramadol for a number of years, then the doc said let's try Lyrica (which is sort of an ultra-Neurontin) aqnd I tried it for a couple of weeks then decided to switch back to Neurontin (gabapentin). I dropped the tramadol a few years back. Good luck.