Hi I am new! Not new to fibromyalgia though

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Oct 19, 2002.

1. I have had fibro all my life I think! I hate it. How do you deal with the pain on a daily basis. Sometimes it is so overwhelming! I am glad I found this site as it seems to be a wealth of information and nice people.
    FibroButterfly
  2. I have had fibro all my life I think! I hate it. How do you deal with the pain on a daily basis. Sometimes it is so overwhelming! I am glad I found this site as it seems to be a wealth of information and nice people.
    FibroButterfly
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I just wanted to welcome you to the board. You will learn so much here and people are so kind. Please tell us a little about yourself.
    As far as the pain goes, it seems we all handle it in diffrent ways. Some with Pain medication, some with exercise, some with natural herbs etc. You really have to find out what works best for you. I take pain medication, I am a whimp and can't do anything when I am in pain. Although I am taking narcotics for the pain, I am hoping my doc will try something else as it isn't working. I go to the doc on Wed. can't wait. Just can't stand this pain.

Cindy
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

Many people shy away from them but I needed to have some control over my pain which was almost unbearable before I was finally dx'd late last year.

One easy thing you can make for yourself is rice socks. You get some men's tube socks and fill them with uncooked rice. Stitch or tie off the end and you have it! Put them in the microwave for about two minutes until they are the heat you like and then drape them where ever you need relief. I find they are great around my neck and on my shoulders.

You can also freeze them if ice helps your pain. It makes mine worse, so I stick to hot ones.

Barbara