Hi! I am new to all this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WolfGirl, Sep 25, 2002.

1. WolfGirl

WolfGirl New Member

Hi to all. I was just diagnoised today with FM. So far the best the rheumy can do is tell me to avoid stress. Like that is going to happen! I am the mom of two boys and the oldest has Bipolar disorder. Stress is a daily thing. He still needs to run more test as tehy are also looking for Lupus so the doc doesn't feel he can give me anything for pain or to help me get some rest.
    I will welcome all suggestions! If anyone can help me at least get some rest while I have to go through all the testing yet, I really could use it!
    Thanks!
  2. WolfGirl

WolfGirl New Member

Hi to all. I was just diagnoised today with FM. So far the best the rheumy can do is tell me to avoid stress. Like that is going to happen! I am the mom of two boys and the oldest has Bipolar disorder. Stress is a daily thing. He still needs to run more test as tehy are also looking for Lupus so the doc doesn't feel he can give me anything for pain or to help me get some rest.
    I will welcome all suggestions! If anyone can help me at least get some rest while I have to go through all the testing yet, I really could use it!
    Thanks!
  3. sheiba

sheiba New Member

welcome to the group! i'm new, too and only been on here a few days, but i'm finding it very interesting and enjoying myself. as for the sleep, the best thing i've found is reading myself to sleep. i've taken things but benedryl and valerian root make me drunk the next day - LOL. so, i do the reading thing to try and relax as much as possible. but, i still don't sleep perfect by any means. i wish i had more advice, but i'm still searching myself. good luck with everything!
  4. WVMountaineer

WVMountaineer New Member

I am new too as of today on here...but certainly not new to Fibromyalgia. It is sooooooooo difficult to cope with. Wish I had more answers for you, but welcome to the board. Maybe we will learn from each other.
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

This site has been so helpful to me, I got Fibro in May, I have been frantically looking for the cause, the cure, I was just sure I would find it. What I have found is a lot of similarity in life occurances, none however that are consistent with everyone, my advice to you is read all you can, go thru the research articles, visit the supplements site, a lot of us have good luck with supplements, they do not take it away but you can get some of the problems under control. I have honeslty not found a better place than here for info, support & advice. You might want to share with us all what has been going on in the past few months with your health, physical & emotional, there seems to be some valid info there, a lot of times a trauma brings it on as in my case.

Best of luck to you.
    Jaci