Hi I am new to board, would like to intoduce myself

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Peace77, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Peace77

Peace77 New Member

Hi My name is Peace and I just joined group today. I am also a member of the Fibromyalgia board. Please look at my profile.

A praise report: I quit smoking 6 1/2 days ago. Here are my statistics:

Six days, 16 hours, 6 minutes and 40 seconds. 133 cigarettes not smoked, saving $35.36. Life saved: 11 hours, 5 minutes.

It had to be God because I haven't had any cravings at all for a cigarette. I stopped on my daughter's Birthday and on Sunday; the day I honor the Sabbath for God. Since I don't purchase anything on that day and was running out of cigarettes I knew that was the day.

I also quit for my health and want to be there for my 2 daughters, and three grandchildren as they go through life.

I have also influenced my daughter and her husband to stop smoking. I am using the nicotine patch and they will be too.

I thank God for taking the obsession of cigarettes away from me, I hope I will NEVER smoke again.

God's Best for all of you.

It is now Sunday, and I read my Bible all day or do something that honors God. Thought this would be a good day to join this group. As Faith cometh by hearing... I'd like to hear from you,

Peace
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

Weclome to the board. Looking forward to getting to know you and hearing what you have to say. So just jump in anytime.
    Cath
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Welcome!

Congratulations on your stopping smoking. I hope it will be a great improvement for your health.

I see you were a teacher. My husband was an art teacher, and is now working for a wonderful group, 'CAP'. Which stands for child assault prevention, and is presented in schools.

Your dog is a sweetie.

There are different threads here that you might enjoy. Such as 'Share your favorite Scriptures'. And if you have prayer requests, there is a weekly thread under that name.

And also Poems, part 1 and 2 - many inspirational poems of different kinds.

I hope you will feel at home here!

God Bless,
    Judy
  4. Peace77

Peace77 New Member

I will look into those threads you suggested. I'm a little tired now but will definitely get active.
    In Christ's Arms,
    Peace
  5. poets

poets Member

What a cute picture. You look great and the dog is just adorable. It looks as if the dog wants to talk to you.

I'm so glad you've been able to overcome the cigarette habit. I know you'll be so much healthier for it. God is so good!

Hugs,
    Meg
  6. Buzybee

Buzybee New Member

I'm usually on the RA board.

Way to go on your 6/12 days!!!!!! :)