Hi I am New!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Miles, May 22, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles New Member

The Drs. told me I had Fibromyalgia in the summer of 1995, I had been working at a Nursing Home for 7 yrs. in the kitchen, it was so hot that summer. I had a cold & was starting my 3th round of antibotics, when I just kept getting dizzy & more dizzy. It took me several months to just be able to not walk like a duck. In the meantime I just given therapy & medicines. Before all this took place I started out with Allergies-having shots until a Senior in High School. Then getting bad headaches, having wearing braces for 3 yrs, then the Drs. told me I had TMJ. In June of 1991 I started with Burning Mouth, Sept. 1991 Vulvar sydrome was given many yeast medications for 3 yrs. Since 1995 have been unable to work outside of the home. Even working at home really makes me very tired, very sore, my hips hurt at night to sleep, feet throb, jaws, neck, shoulders hurt. Plus in the last 3 yrs have got serious Acid reflux take Prevacid & pep AC. Also have a hungry feeling most of the time in my stomach which the Dr. said it's because I have inflammation in my stomach that doesn't heal. Have Metalic taste in mouth most of the time. Can't take the Heat anymore. I am also on Paxil 20 mg. & Elavil 25mg. Tried Vites they give me more Acid. My husband trys to be patient with me but it's hard for us both.... This July I will turn 50, I have been reading some of the messages you all have written. I sure wish there could be a cure for us all. Hope I haven't bored you all. Deb
  2. Debbi

Debbi New Member

Hi Deb - So sorry for all your pain. All of us here suffer from chronic pain, including most if not all of your symptoms. While I can't offer any concrete help or cures, plse know that you are welcome here. You will find much support and great love and caring. Sometimes this is all we can do. Plse try to keep the spirits up. Yours in fibro
    Debbi
  3. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

You haven't bored us as we were all new once and understand your struggles.
    I have had fms/cfs for 16 years , my mom has had it for 40 +. I am single and can't tell you much about relationships but my parents got through it with their marriage in tact. When my dad died in 87 they had been married 41 years.
    I work full time , because I am single and have to put a roof over my head. It is very hard. I have taken lower paying jobs that don't require the physical or mental energy that I used to have and don't have now. Living on a small income is difficult but all I can do for now.
    I just pray I can make it to retirement. (I have a long way to go as I am only 45)
    My mom was able to work for a year or two sometimes and then would have to quit for a few years. Luckily for her she had my dad to support her financially.
    My mom had an increase in energy after menopause was over so I hope for that to be my case too :)

The heat, the cold and damp weather bother me.

Some people here have suggested an anti yeast product called Candida. I am going to do some research on it and may try it myself.
    The less sugar in my diet the better I feel. Which isn't that great but beats the alternative.

This is all very difficult but you will find lots of good suggestions and a shoulder to lean on when you visit this board.
    My best to you.
  4. granmakitty12

granmakitty12 New Member

I don't have any advice. Just sorry that one person has so much pain to deal with. I am 55 and have had fibro since 1989. It took me a long time to find a doctor to help me.
    Just hang in there and keep coming back to the board.
    Granmakitty
  5. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

It all sounds so familiar...severe dizziness and nausea was my first symptom and I get the metallic taste in the mouth too...

I'm glad you've found us - this place is invaluable for info and support...just be warned, it can become addictive! LOL

Honey - how could you ever bore us? We are all in the same boat here...so vent all you like!

nice to have you with us,
    hugs
    Mary x
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Just wanted to say hi & welcome to the board. What all the others have said is so true. This is a place of vast knowledge. I haven't been coming here too long & already I've learned that I have to take control of my health & do what I feel is best for me. I am lucky to have a doc who also has FMS so that is a big plus for me.

BTW, Mary is right - it is addictive :)

Take care.........Kathi
  7. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

God Bless you, you came to the right place. this board is a great Blessing for support and info. You will find the understanding you need here. so welcome, hold your head up, your not alone.
    Lisa