HI, I fell off the face of the earth but am still alive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. ckball

    ckball New Member

    Hi everyone- it seems like it has been weeks since I last posted.

    Since returning from my trip last Mon, I have been going non-stop- until today.

    I had Dr appts on Wed, Thur, worked at the shop on Fri and sold more in one day than I have all the months I have been there. My boss has had the shop closed because she is out of town working on a estate sale. So the only day she was opened was the day I worked. Need I say more.

    I have been trying to get someone to help tear out my old kitchen and move heavy stuff for me. Well my friends son is in town between his leaving for the Air Force. He was avaiable Sat.

    It was the only time he had, so I did it. Thank goodness they are all gone, it was unbelievable what we found under them, it was a huge old rats nest, just nasty. I'm so glad it is all gone now.

    We hung drywall, just the large peices, now I have to finish it all out- but it may be weeks or months before I get around to it. But I got my studio set up so it is workable for now.

    He unloaded all the beautiful stained glass from my jeep that I bought the week before It was so fun because I could not remember what I had bought.

    I did get a nasty cut just below my right hand pinkie, it just layed a huge chunk of skin back, I probably needed a few sticthes but I have been wearing tightly pulled bandaids like buttfly banadages and I think it will heal.

    Then Sun, a lost best freind found our way back after a year of not speaking. She stayed 3 hours, then I had meds and grocery shopping at Walmart.

    Today I am exhausted and not leaving my house, if it caught on fire, it would just have to burn down around me.

    I am hoping a few days rest and I will be back to where I was this last month.

    Threw all I have been threw this last month I have done more than I ever thought I could.

    Because of my forced diet change with no teeth, I found out sugar is my fatigue and brain fog trigger. I got off sugar while I was healing.

    I did buy a bag of Hershey kisses the other day and just sucked on them and another day got a real milkshake at Micky D's, I asked for a large but forgot they megasize everything. Both times within a hour I was feeling yucky.

    The good news is I have lost 5 pounds. I would like to lose 10 more and I will happy at that size.

    So to ramble on but I am amazed of what I have accomplished. Yes today I am paying but it was worth it.

    I hope everyone is doing well and am going to try to catch on the board some today, but I have been having headaches or eye aches if I spend too much time on the computer. That is another post- Carla

  2. mrdad

    mrdad New Member

    You are really somethin' else! Can't believe after every
    thing you have been thru recently w/ the oral surgery and
    all that you still have the energy and inclination to do
    all you have been doing! Did you get a tetna (sp.) shot
    for that BOO-Boo?? Rest up now OK? What ever happened
    to that Pup that got hit and you tried to save??

    (Don't tel Anne about the RAT NEST. She'll be up on her

    "Talk" later, "K"?
  3. ckball

    ckball New Member

    Hi mrdad, I am still amazed at what I have done, but today I feel like it.

    I have been unable to reach the dog owners. He called me when I was in PA on a Sun and didn't know where the dog was.

    I guess the nieghbors I spoke to didn't relay the message. The dog was hit on Fri so I would imagine since the vet didn't hear from the owner by that evening there wasn't much they could do. My guess is they put him down.

    I just called their nieghbor and got the machine so I left a message. I had the cell phone number of the owner but lost it. Thanks for thinking of him.

    I got a tentanus shot this summer when my kitty bit me while rescuing her from the doggies.

    I have been reading the porch light thread, I may join you all soon. I am going to limit my computer time because of the headaches. Plus I really want to start making glass again.

    So I will check in at nights. I have 2 art magazines and 2 stained glass books to read too.

    The rat nest was old, I had a few mice when I first moved in but haven't seen a critter in 2 years, so Anne don't worry.

    Glad all is well with you-talk to you soon-Carla
  4. mrdad

    mrdad New Member

    Get your energy back and get back with us on The Porch
    when you are rested. Bet the re-model is gonna' look
    great and make things very functional for you when its
    all finished.

    Restup, you deserve it!!
  5. ckball

    ckball New Member

    I don't think anyone else remembers me :(, you have been my only reply all day.

    I am still feeling tired and stayed on the couch all day, getting ready for bed soon and hope tomorrow is better.

  6. Cromwell

    Cromwell New Member

    i am tired just reading! Whew what a lot you have done.

    I wanted to ask you a stained glass question. I want to do an overlay on three small front door windows. How should I attach the stained glass to the existing???

    Love Anne

    And take it easier gal!!!
  7. Cromwell

    Cromwell New Member

    i am tired just reading! Whew what a lot you have done.

    I wanted to ask you a stained glass question. I want to do an overlay on three small front door windows. How should I attach the stained glass to the existing???

    Love Anne

    And take it easier gal!!!
  8. ckball

    ckball New Member

    Georgia-thank you - glad you have been able to do both but don't overdue. What wonderful project have you been doing at home?

    Fight- thanks for taking the time to post. I will pray for you to have the strength to get threw your friend's funeral. It won't be easy but you can do it, you are a strong woman.

    Donnaeil- I am still amazed myself- I feel better today but still a little tired. I am going to sart cutting my paper patterns out for my first stained glass project with my new glass. But will pace myself.

    Carla-NL- I have been scanning the porch and want to join in. I will be known as CK on the porch to avoid confusion. I am limiting my computer time to the morning with my tea and the evenings until I get my eyes checked. The headaches come after only 30 minutes on the computer.

    Anne- Your tired reading,lol. I can't beleive I did it.
    About your door- Is it leaded? Is the overlay going to be copper foiled or leaded. If you could post a picture that would be great. Usually overlays are soldered together. Is your door behind a storm door where it is protected from the weather? How is your brother doing? I haven't been able to really get caught up on everything yet. Last I read was they took his tubes out.

    I will help you in what ever way I can with your project- Thanks-Carla
  9. victoria

    victoria New Member

    Can't believe all you've gotten done... glad you made it thru the surgery etc ok!

    I don't think anyone's forgotten you either, the board is just moving very fast, & as usual, lots of posts are getting lost... combined with fatigue, fog, etc... it's hard to keep up with everything!

    Hope you rest up and don't have a major flare!
    all the best,

  10. Cromwell

    Cromwell New Member

    I don't know how to post pic and don't have digital camera. BUT door is a regular wooden front door c1950, that has the topd half divided into three gklass sections 20 inches by 8 inches each. We have a good storm door that protects.

    Basically I thought of just getting stained glass cut into size and holding the 8 x 20 inch pieces against the glass on the inside somehow???

    Of course, it is a front door and gets opened and closed a lot. I thought about doing a fake overlay but they look fake really.

    I did try once using aquarium glue to glue stained glass onto a window and it was great till the sun shone!!! It all melted.

    Thanks for asking about my brother. He is still on a ventilator most of the time, not able to speak due to throat issues and atrophy, ditto for his limbs. They did a trach on him last week so all the tubes are out of his mouth now thank goodness. The PT has got him to the point where he can shrug his shoulders and wriggle his fingers and toes a bit but not much else.

    He is also in isolation as he got infection and pneumonia. He is still being fed into the intestine. They tried to get him into a chair last week but it almost (literally) killed him. He has developed some heart issues.

    He is hanging in but still in a grim state. We are travelling up to see him this weekend. It is hard as we want to go, but it will wipe us both out. You may recall Dan has a head trauma, so travel is never very easy for us.

    To cap it all, the police are not charging the driver that ran the light with "failure to stop at a red light" which stinks of corruption.

    I admire you for the way you tackle everything. My stained glass supplies and equipment somehow got left behind when we moved, although I recall personally loading them, I think Dan may have moved them off by accident.

    Love Anne
  11. ckball

    ckball New Member

    I am sorry your brother is still having such a tough time. How is your SIL? I can't imagine how hard this must be for your family. Just take it one day at a time.

    As far as the stained glass, they make a product called Triolyse Adhesive
    Delphi Item Number: 77201

    It is $21.95 for the kit. It is 2 bottles, one you prime with and wait then put the second bottle on the other peice. It is made for gluing glass to glass or metal or anything really.

    You could also go to the hardware store and find a clear two part epoxy glue for around 5-8 bucks. The key is both peices need to cleaned in a vinager solution.

    You know they make pre cut stained glass now and it is not that exspensive. They make flowers, butterflys, ect.

    Check out Delphi Glass on line if there is not a stained glass store or a Hobby Lobby in your area.

    I am sorry you lost your supplies. Have you any boxes in a attic or in storage that you have not checked? It is a shame because there are some items that are a little pricey to replace.

    I dropped my oil filled cutter and cracked it, I paid $38.00 for it, and just replaced the cutting head for $10, so I taped it together and put a latex glove over it.

    It works fine but have to redo it when I need to refill it with oil. I was lucky enough to meet another glass artist threw my gallery and called her one day to see if she had a glass saw that she wanted to maybe upgrade.

    She said she had been thinking of upgrading so she sold me her saw for less than 1/2 of what it is new, plus threw in a new blade.

    Maybe you could ask around and find some one that has given the hobby up and their tools are gathering dust. Perhaps an ad in the paper under "Wanted To Buy".

    How involved were you in it. Did you sell or just for personal use? I have been going threw my glass today trying to figure out what my first project will be. But am still tired, better than yesterday so maybe each day will improve.

    I am just thankful I was able to get everything done, now I am paying the piper :) but that is ok.

    I hope your brother improves soon, I am sure he will be glad to see you. Have a safe trip, I will send positive energy your way-Carla

  12. webintrig

    webintrig New Member

    Wow, you have been really busy.

    I am happy you were able to get alot of your stuff done plus a little help.

    I hope that dog is doing better.

    Take care of yourself and rest up.

    Sending prayers of strength your way!

    Soft hugs,

  13. mrdad

    mrdad New Member

    It's Tues. and I hope this note finds ya doing better
    today. I'm lookin' around here and know that this place
    is over due for some serious attention. Hope I can find
    the energy at some point to tackle it! I think I'll
    wait 'til after the Holidays are over as there will be
    so mush to do soon.

    Hope you are resting up. Hope are Woo Woo made it some
    how? You sure did your best for him!

  14. Fredericka

    Fredericka New Member

    Just haven't been online too much either. Feeling so out of sorts and very spacey. More than usual. Scary, huh!!!

    Trying to keep Mr. Dad in line and out of trouble is a FULL TIME online job, believe me. Now we're trying to get him to upgrade his decades old hankies and skivvies. LOL. The story gets better every time someone adds to it.

    Had some dental work too and my son just had what you did. Tough going. Mine was easier.

    I hope you can find a place not to spendy to get your supplies you need. Or is that Anne.

    See, I get messed up just on one post!! : - 8

    Anyway, glad you're back.

    Take it easy on yourself, ok?
  15. ckball

    ckball New Member

    I wish I could say all is well but it was a hard day and at the moment I have a headache afer being on here for about 30 minutes.

    I posted under the dentist post tha I have been pulling bone slivers out of my gums today.

    I tried to work on my patterns for my glass but forgot how SLOOOWW my desktop was. I put a pattern in the scanner and actually cooked scamble eggs and toast and when I got back it was still downloading.

    So I am ready for bed and it isn't 10 yet. I think I am going to need a few days here at home before I feel better.

    I'll see ya on the porch soon-what is this about mrdads hankies and skivveys?

    Fredricka you better keep your eye on him,lol he is a slippery lil' bugger, Carla

[ advertisement ]