Hi, I got my annual gift of a heating pad; anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Beadlady, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I also got a new ice pack that has clay in it to help it to stay colder longer. I haven't tried that out yet.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Buy a new heating pad. The old one got crumpled and there was a large singed spot on the rubber covering. I think I fell asleep and rolled over on it.

Haven't heard of the clay ice bags but sounds interesting. Let us know how you like it.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have electric mitts just for the hands. Before the peptide injections got rid of the arthritis in my hands, the mitts were wonderful.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just unpacked my new pad and it is twice the size, lengthwise, as my old one. I'm happy with it. It was only $18 and is a Sunbeam.

Love, Mikie
  5. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I love my electric blanket. The Winter here in PA is soooo cold and it's too cold getting into bed at night. I like to lay in bed with my laptop and watch tv and I have the electric blanket on. I have to share it with my dog and cats too!

I read that it's part of this disorder not being able to get warm without a hot bath and then I crawl into my warm bed.
  6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I use it all the time - very soothing to my painful body. My hubby bought it for me last year. Love it! I believe it's a Sunbeam, as well.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had an electric blanket on the bed. Down here in SW FL, I have an electric blanket lap throw. I've had it on during this "cold snap." We aren't used to this cooler weather and don't do well when it hits. I haven't had coffee out on the balcony in weeks. Haven't tried my new and improved super heating pad yet.

Love, Mikie