Hi I'm a new comer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gipp, Jul 21, 2003.

1. gipp

gipp New Member

Hello everyone,I'm 38 married with 3 sons. I wish I didn't have to be here, but I'm also glad that there's someone here to talk to.
    I was just recently dx'd with FMS . It was not a shock to me. I had read alot of material on the condtion. I was glad that I had a name to put to the constant pain,heart palpitations,numbness in extrimities,dizziness,IBS, not being able to sleep,unexplained weight gain, migrains,depression,fibro fog, burning at sight of tender points,lately eye problems. I have a herniated disc also and just this past Friday I was told that I will have to have a hysterectomy. The reason for this is that, off and
    on for the past year I've had unexplained uterine bleeding.
    I try to stay optomistic even though at times it seems hard.Until next time Peace and God Bless.
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Glad to see you joined and I'm sure you'll grow to love all the advice and caring people here!!I've learned alot myself just from coming here and reading posts.The library here has all the latest info on our conditions too.
    I'm 40 with 3 sons,I've had fibro and all your symptoms for over 10 yrs now~ Including needing a hyto due to having another autoimmune disease...Endometriosis.Lots of bad pelvic pain,cramps that'll knock to your knees and unusual bleeding. I have 2 herniated disks in my low back and neck problems to boot!! So I can relate and I know how crappy you must feel each day~ A couple things that have helped me is adding magnesium to my diet.And taking the hot baths with epsom salts!! I hope to hear more from you. Take care :)
  3. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

Hi Gipp,
    Just wanted to welcome you to the board. This is a very loving and supporting board and helps me get through my worst days. Hope it does the same for you. :)
    Take care.
    Alicia
  4. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

hi there, i'm sorry to hear you have this dd as well as having to have a hysterectomy. :(. this is a great place and you can learn so valuable info as well as venting (which is so important).

you seem like you have a good attitude altho understand that goes day to day also. nice to meet you.
    and God bless you too.

we also have a worship site here...go to the main board and click worship. and the chit chat room is a great place just to shoot the you know what.
    :)
    alice
  5. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Just wanted to say hi and welcome.

I'm addicted to this message board, as I've told others, because this is the only place (for me) where my disorder is taken seriously and I'm not considered a hypochondriac! You can talk about almost ANYTHING here and someone else here will probably have the same symptom and understands!

I'm so sorry you are going through so much right now. And I agree, it IS hard sometimes to remain optomistic. Alot of us here know that feeling extremely well.

Take care and let us know how you're doing
    Donna
  6. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Hi, I just wanted to welcome you to the board. If you have to have this DD, at least there is a terrfic site you can go to and gain lots of info. Lendi
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Welcome aboard, kinda sorry you have to be here, but it's the best place to be if you're suffering! We try to remain UP beat and help is always 1 message away. I'm 51 and had to have a hysterectomy 25 years ago - best thing that ever happened to me, no more painful periods.
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Gipp, welcome to the board, sorry you are feeling so bad, but I know I was happy to have a name for all this too.

You will learn a lot here, how to help yourself, as we have so many well informed, friendly people on this board for support.

Again, a big welcome to you, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

hi lendi. read your bio. dr. teitlebaum says, i believe in the into to his book, "from fatigued to fantastic" that magnesium shortage is what causes the carpal tunnel problems. He says when magnsium is given the sysmptoms go away. I don't have the book handy, but ask around the board if someone can look that up for you....hope you haven't had to have your surgery yet and hope the magnesium takes care of the problem. He recommends mag. glycinate i believe...

take care...
    crissy
  10. Zed1

Zed1 New Member

hi my name is zed first i would like to welcome you to a
    great board and a great bunch of freindly people.
    i am also new to the board i was diagnosed 2 years ago with
    lupus sle i cope ok but some days are worse than others.
    i hope you will soon be feeling better.
    chat soon regards z x
  11. gipp

gipp New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who continues to be effected by this disease.
    This past week I've been feeling pretty bad; and I just couldn't seem to get myself together.Fatigue has been really bad, I'm so tired, but I can't seem to sleep.Last night I was up until 3am.I feel very weak;I don't even have the energy to play with my son.My head feels like it's about to explode.On top of this my old blood pressure med is no longer working, so th dr prescribed something else to go along with the old.Fibro fog,reading,writing,spellingand even having a conversation has really gotten awful.So untill this spell has subsided I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post.
    Stay strong everyone,Peace abd God Bless!