Hi! I'm a new kid on the block

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Winged_Kreatures, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Winged_Kreatures

Winged_Kreatures New Member

I just found this board a few days ago and I feel really lucky to have found it. I have checked out some of the articles in the library and it is awesome!
    Just a little about me. I am definitely middleaged, if people live to be about 100. otherwise I am over the hump. I am a Christian with strong beliefs. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia ten years ago. I am now trying magnesium after reading about it here. I haven't had any results yet, but as I said, I only found this board so I have to give it time. I have, however, found that I am quite gassy from the magnesium and have become a good source for air bisquits. Any advice about that?
    Well, I just wanted to take a chance and register and say hello and see if I can get to know anybody else with Fibro. Thanks for reading this, I hope I can make some new friends here as I don't get out much anymore. Thanks.
    Pammie
  2. Winged_Kreatures

I just found this board a few days ago and I feel really lucky to have found it. I have checked out some of the articles in the library and it is awesome!
    Just a little about me. I am definitely middleaged, if people live to be about 100. otherwise I am over the hump. I am a Christian with strong beliefs. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia ten years ago. I am now trying magnesium after reading about it here. I haven't had any results yet, but as I said, I only found this board so I have to give it time. I have, however, found that I am quite gassy from the magnesium and have become a good source for air bisquits. Any advice about that?
    Well, I just wanted to take a chance and register and say hello and see if I can get to know anybody else with Fibro. Thanks for reading this, I hope I can make some new friends here as I don't get out much anymore. Thanks.
    Pammie
  3. MarilynK

MarilynK New Member

Warm welcome to you, glad you found us .
    I havent been here that long,check my bio.
    Have you filled in yours , i did reasantly they follow up on birthdays here witch i think is nice.
    Funny about the air bisquits, quit airy here to without the magnesium, I whanted to try it ,tryed ordering some from here but was stoped in customes here in norway and is on the way back.I will try to find some here.
    I hope you get good results from the magnesium alot of people here take them and love it.Let me know how you do.
    My email is in my bio. if you whant to write.
    I dont get out mutch either anymore.

I am shure somebody will be along soon and give you somme advice on that.

My fobro fog. is heavy today and focusing is a problem ,but i write anyway.ha-ha

I am a christian to and they have a worship board here that is great,check it out.

Take care and God bless

Marilyn

4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Air bisquits??? lol Try cutting down on the dosage for now, then slowly work your way up to full dose to allow your body to get used to it. I started w/ a 1/4 of the recommended dose, then gradually increased it over a week's time. I had read that diarrhea/stomach upset was common, so I took it slow...I had no problems whatsoever. If you're having this reaction, you may want to take longer than a week to work up to max dose.

Yes, this board is a wonderful source of info, both from the library & e-mail bulletins(which are free & you can sign up for-just make sure you click on the one for fms), and from the wonderfully supportive members here.

If you're interested in the other boards, click "message boards" in the middle, then choose the one you want.

Best wishes to you. Take care. Michele
  5. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

Just wanted to say welcome!!

Air bisquits -- LOL!!

I haven't taken magnesium yet but it's on my list for my next docotor's appointment.

You'll find plenty of friends here!

-Shoobie
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Pammie, welcome to the group. I have been taking magnesium for over a year now, Michele is right, start with a lot dose and build it up. Also be sure to drink at least an 8 ounce glass of water when you take it. It might help with the gas!

If you are interest, we do have a 'Worship' forum here, if you will go to 'Message Boards', it will bring you to an index of the available boards, its on the left side.

Glad to hear you are making good use of Pro Health's features, we do have a tremendous amount of information on this site for those who want to educate themselves.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. Winged_Kreatures

I will try cutting down on the dosage of magnesium and make sure I drink it with 8 ounces of water. I have a problem feeling bloated all the time so I don't usually drink a full 8 ounces with it. I will try that.
    Thank you all for writing to me and I am looking forward to getting to know each one of you better!

Pammie
  8. LindaD.

LindaD. New Member

I just found this site thanks to fibrohugs.com and their TenderPoints. I had no idea this site existed. Anyway, I am 54, will be 55 in a couple of months, I was dx'd early 2000, and on a host of medications. Obviously, this DD opened the door to a host of other medical problems and I am fighting all them with the strength I have left.
    Between my walking problems, getting up problems and lower back problems, I have cervical spurs; they think the spurs are pressing on my nerves and is causing a lot of pain across my shoulders in the back and in the front - along the collarbone and down both arms with my elbows hurting all the time. Come to think of that - I couldn't put pressure on my elbows for quite a few years before that! Well, I'll be! (that was a lightbulb! moment)Anyway, am having a monster of a fight with my insurance company and my doctor is supporting my stand.
    So, I am sure glad that I found this site - and it does have some mighty interesting things going on.
    Thanks for being here when I needed you!
    LindaD.
  9. MarilynK

MarilynK New Member

I havent welcomed you yet,so a very warm welcome to the board, i read your bio, sounds like you have been throu alot of pain and i am sorry for that.

This place is great ,these people know how you feel and can relat and that means everything.

Check out my bio, i wanted to put a picture of my cats.
    I have 4 and they are the babys of the family.

Again welcome and God Bless.
    Loking forwards to here from you.

Marilyn