Hi...I'm a newby...please Help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tarryn, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Tarryn

Tarryn Member

Hi Everyone. I am new to this site. I have had CFS since I was 15!! I am now 38!. I was diagnosed with ME before I think it was really well known. I have a frustrating issue at the moment and am hitting my head against a wall! For the past 4 years, I get these little 'bites' on my hands and arms, it comes mostly when I'm stressed. It looks like a spider bite in the beginning with a puncture wound, then gets really itchy and then blisters. ONLY WHEN I"M STRESSED! Dermatologist and GP says it spider bites. I've had blood work, puncture biopsys etc, and it all comes back as insect bite related....Anybody every had this?

Should I have something specific checked in my blood tests that could MAYBE pick something up? They itch like mad, and go away when I take antihistamines, but I can't be on antihistamines forever....

Help me!
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Hi. Three summers in a row I got red very itchy places on my arms. Going to the doctor did nothing to help, but after trying everything I could think of the only thing I found to help was putting ice on my arm to calm the nerves and.........liquid milk of magnesia. After I put it on and it dried to a power I could gently brush off the flakes. It seemed to dry the spots. I sympathize with you......good luck.
  3. Tarryn

Tarryn Member

Thanks Sunflowergirl....I need it...
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When you have a breakout, have your dermatologist take a scraping from the blisters. I had a staph infection in my armpits which fits your description perfectly. They can grow out the fluid in a Petri dish to see just what kind of infection, or condition, you have. My doc had them make a toxoid from the fluid and gave me shots of it, like allergy shots, to build up my immune system to kill the staph. Some infections live below the immune system's ability to recognize and kill them. Good luck to you. BTW, post this on the CFIDS/ME/FMS board for more help.

Love, Mikie
  5. Tarryn

Tarryn Member

Hi Mikie,

Does it need to be fully active for the scraping....it is now just blistering and not itchy at all...I don't know if it's too late...
    Thanks for you response, it totally makes sense. Oh, and I am so new I don't know how to post it to anything....