Hi, I'm back had surgery 117

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janie056, Jan 20, 2007.

1. janie056

janie056 New Member

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and prayers for my surgery. All went very, very well! Can't sit here too long though. Had lumbar spinal fusion surgery on 1-17.
    I actually came home the next afternoon! Nice to recover at home than a hospital. Boy has hospital stays changed. no help getting in or out of bed, no help with eating, no help at all unless you called them two or three times! My doctor is really going to hear about it too.
    My DH is taking five days off from work to help me and he is just being wonderful.
    Ok, pain is a bit much sitting here, wish I had a laptop.
    I know sleeplessland was having the same surgery the same day as I was , has anyone heard from her?

I will check back when I can sit for another few minutes.

Love to all of y ou,

Jane
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Wow - so glad you are back and okay. I had to laugh when reading the title (after I realized...) I read it as
    "Just got back from surgery "one hundred and seventeen"... I was thinking, how could anyone have that many surgeries!!

LOL... another fibro moment.
    Wishing you a speeeeeedy recovery.
    Hugs
    Kim
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Yes, I agree- hospitals just don't baby you much when you've had surgery. They expect motion pretty soon and then they tell you to go home! Sounds like you're happy to be home anyway.....and tell your hubby thanks for being so helpful. My younger son (one of the twins) had toe surgery the same day as you and he is tired of sitting around and recuperating. But he is following doctor's (and Mom's) orders! Take care!
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so glad that things went well. I hope you continue to recover and that the surgery makes a difference for you. Glad to have you back here!

Kathy
  5. janie056

janie056 New Member

Thank you all for your replies and well wishes!
    Alaska, I will be hoping the same for your son's recovery!

Ok gotta go lay down

LOVE YOU ALL LOTS,
    Jane
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Hope you recover well! I may have written on another post, my brother-in-law had this surgery and said it made a HUGE difference in his pain level, he's never regretted it. Take it easy, and get well fast (I know it takes a while, you'll have to be a patient patient, LOL)!!

Hugs,
    Pam