Hi I'm fairly newThanks for all info and advise on this site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mevy, Mar 31, 2006.

1. mevy

mevy New Member

I am fairly new to this site and have only posted a couple of times. I just want to say thanks for all info and advise that is posted here and for all the caring that comes from you guys. I'M SO GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE. It has been a big help for me. I had my SSA interview yesterday. Glad it is over. Now I play the waiting game. i am female,nearly 58. DX is fibro/cf nearly 2 years ago. I worked in the medical field for 13 years and have always worked in other jobs before that. Still want to work but CAN'T DO IT.can't think,type/write,remember,PAIN!!! (as you know it)i can't hardly walk any more, also have depression(imagine why) asthma,high blood pressure and also high cholesterol,lowthyroid,rls,migraines,chf On many medications!!! This is the one time I'm glad I'm older.Hope age and work life styles & med list helps my case. Again just want to say thanks to all of you here. Your insite is always so good and right on mark. MEVY
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This is a wonderful place and I'm glad you found it too. I hope you stick around; there is so much to learn. Everyone here is so caring and supportive.
    Good luck with the SSA.

Kathy.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Welcome!:)

Claudia
  4. mevy

mevy New Member

Thanks to all of you for your help and advise. This site is a real PAIN load of info. Just sorry we are all in the situation that we need it--therefore definitely glad it is here. Lots of very friendly people here willing to give you their experiences and ideas that help them. Anything and everything is worth trying. Thanks Mevy
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm new here also! this is the coolest thing to have available to us !!!!! my name is sydney alot of stuff you are describing is very familiar to me also!! Fm is a unbelievable illness.......................but we have it so i guess go forward........................it took me 1 and a half years for a partical approval from ssd and then i got a lawyer and that took another 3 for a ssd hearing ............................................... but it went through in 2003 thank goodness was 22 years in the medical feild ( nure-therapy-aid) May i suggest that you get a lawyer............it seems that the regular person can't get through the ssd system on there own ! anyway nice to meet you sisland
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

There sre a great bunch of people here.If you want to look for something specific just type in what you are looking for and then go to title.Welcome again,Linda
  7. mevy

mevy New Member

Getting a lawyer is the next step in the "GAME" I have one in mind but not talked to them yet. At this point what's best? Talk to a lawyer now? Or wait til you get the 1st denial? If u get lucky (Not my usual way of things!!!) and win 1st round there are no attorney fees. Not sure what to do. Any ideas from you folks with the experience on this is greatly appreciated. ODDS OF WINNING 1ST GO IS NOT REAL GREAT, I KNOW THAT. BUT HAS HAPPENED. By the way-- isn't the fee they charge 25% of back pay and I thought I read somewhere that there is a cap amount of no more than $4,000. Has anyone read that also? Thanks again, Mevy
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello again
    i know that it's very important to have all the paperwork possible from your dr. and that yes they usually deni you first time around! but if i were you i would at least get a free consultation from a lawyer in your area!.........................if it's possible to find a ssd lawyer thats all the better!.....................................Up here in montana they do take 25% of your back pay if they win benefits for you! if they don't ,the don't charge you at all!!................................................. but believe me it's worth it to pay them 25% because of getting the monthly income is so very important (duh) LOL......................good luck sisland