Hi I'm Jan from the UK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jan42, Jan 19, 2006.

1. jan42

jan42 New Member

Hi everyone,
    Struggling with a really bad ME relapse since Nov, I've had ME/CFS for 15yrs. I have had really good spells where I can be 85% well and then through massive traumas fallen into relapse for months at a time, is there anyone else out there who relapses badly through stress?
    Could do with making some new friends, very sad and lonley here
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Sorry you are not well and feeling sad and lonely.

You have come to the right place .This board is wonderful.Full of caring friends.

Please fill in your profile so we can get to know you.

Hugs
    Sue
  3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Welcome to the board. You'll get a lot of good information from a lot of nice people. Coming here everyday helps with the lonliness.

About stress....yes, major stress can really get the ball rolling for a flare-up.

Your friend,

Kinsie
  4. darude

darude New Member

Did you write a book and have a website.
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Welcome! I'm in the UK also. I'm in Liverpool. Where are you? Why don't you fill in your profile and tell us a bit more about yourself? You'll love it here. There is so much help, support and friendship!
    Love Shelbo
  6. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hello there.
    pleased to meet you im from the uk too,east anglia.there are a few of us brits on the board :)

i hear what your saying about stress,adds to the fun :D
  7. darude

darude New Member

I'm a brit too from North London. I now live in Canada and have been here 25years!!!!!!!! Boy time flies.
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have had CFS/FM for 15 years as well. I have had my ups and downs. The past few years have not been as good but I am improving again. Major stress really can set us back.

I hope you stay around. This is a wonderful place and you will get lots of support.

Kathy.
  9. bct

bct Well-Known Member

I was born in Bedfordshire, and lived in Berkshire for a number of years. Live in California now. How I miss England!

I have ME also. Have had for about thirteen yrs.
    ANY stress wipes me out, knocks me down.

Also have Chronic lymphocytic leukemia, unexplained chronic macrocytosis, bunch of other stuff...

The ME (CFS) is what really gets me down though. This board helps me in many ways, not the least of which is the feeling of community.

WELCOME
    Best wishes from Barry
  10. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi from damp grey Wiltshire! I've been housebound with severe M.E. & fibro for 19 years, & certainly know what you mean about relapses & feeling sad & lonely.

Have you also found the Brainfog & Sleepydust message boards?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  11. KelB

KelB New Member

Hi Jan. I'm in Dorset (sunny at the moment). I'm a relative newcomer to CFS, only having had it for 18 months. I find that the slightest departure from my normal routine throws me out for days. Stress can lay me flat out for weeks. I haven't had a major relapse yet, but there's plenty of time for that yet!

I'm not too badly off as I'm able to work part-time, so at least I can get out of the house and spend time with other people. Not sure how much longer my employer will put up with my limitations, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

Hope you find this board helpful - there are loads of really good people and info here.
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

so you can see this board is like Little Britain sometimes. Hi, I'm Anne from Cheshire living in USA on and off for 23 years. Love both countries. My diag in UK of ME was changed to Lupus and FM here. Welcome from very mild Upstate New YOrk, where it normally would be very cold and snowy but this year is mild and green. Hope the whale gets back safely.
    Love Anne
  13. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm from Scotland. Just coming out of really bad M.E. flare myself, had a terrible time last year.

What part of UK you in?

I dont know what causes my relapses most of the time, cant really put it down to stress as I'm in house most of time.

You'll get a lot of support here Jan and there's always the chat room too.

Maybe see you in there one day.

love
    Rosie
  14. lilking

lilking New Member

hi jan i am from the uk born in the east end of london
    now living in boston lincs i have bad flares due to
    stress i look after my 94 year young mum it can be
    stressful at times.i find it very hard to relax
    have you a support group near you that you could go to
    they are a great help.
    take care of yourself
    god bless lillie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2006]
  15. belper

belper New Member

Hi Jan.
    I have FMS and am off work right now. I also live in the UK,and feel lonely at times, can't sleep which only adds to the discomfort it's like a vicious circle, pian keeps me awake which = disturbed sleep = pain ect ect. feel like banging my head against the wall and screaming LET ME SLEEP!
  16. spmary

spmary New Member

Welcome Jan to the USA and to this wonderful board. I don't post much because by reading other posts I usually find out what I was looking for. But ask any question and someone is sure to have ths answer. I'm from the southern coastal city of Charleston, S C. But I now live in Virginia. Visit often....LOL, Mary
  17. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

I'm from East Anglia in the UK. Battling, on-going, with CFS and Fibromyalgia.

Welcome to these forums - take care of yourself.

Music Teacher (UK)
  18. jan42

jan42 New Member

Thanks everyone for your kind welcome, I have filled out a profile, not well enough to stay on here for more than 10 mins at the minute, but hopefully will improve soon. Anyone taking remeron? doc has just changed my meds and I have never really heard of anyone taking this one, I think it was originally called zispin.
    Hopefully I'll be more chatty next time round
    Love
    Jan xx
  19. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i didn't know we were neighbours, shout over the fence to me :)
  20. jan42

jan42 New Member

Hey there music teacher, not far hey........... I'm having a really rough time here, the doc has changed my meds, I don't honestly know what planet I am on, hope you are ok? see ya next time around
    Jx