Hi, I'm new and insterested

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by younghope, Nov 13, 2002.

1. younghope

younghope New Member

Hey everyone, I have had FMS for 2 yrs now(that I'm aware of) My mom has been really bad and helping me along the way. One thing I have foud is magnesium & malic acid combined are helping with my spasms. Sports drinks that buffer the lactic acid are also a plus. I have also been doing the accupunture wich is wonderful but I cannot seem to curb it to were I can go a day without being scared of what is to hit next. It seems to move all over my body and right now is stopping me from being able to work. The no sleep syndrome is horrible for you feel worse the next day. Does anyone have anyother helpful ideas? It is so hard to find a doctor who will reconize and treat me. I also have some kind of food alergy which triggers it. Right know I am going towards the end of my rope. I have young kids and no insurance and it is hard to make this a happy home. I don't want to hurt so bad anymore.
    Thanks for your support
    [This Message was Edited on 11/13/2002]
  2. younghope

younghope New Member

Hey everyone, I have had FMS for 2 yrs now(that I'm aware of) My mom has been really bad and helping me along the way. One thing I have foud is magnesium & malic acid combined are helping with my spasms. Sports drinks that buffer the lactic acid are also a plus. I have also been doing the accupunture wich is wonderful but I cannot seem to curb it to were I can go a day without being scared of what is to hit next. It seems to move all over my body and right now is stopping me from being able to work. The no sleep syndrome is horrible for you feel worse the next day. Does anyone have anyother helpful ideas? It is so hard to find a doctor who will reconize and treat me. I also have some kind of food alergy which triggers it. Right know I am going towards the end of my rope. I have young kids and no insurance and it is hard to make this a happy home. I don't want to hurt so bad anymore.
    Thanks for your support
    [This Message was Edited on 11/13/2002]
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

even if only somewhat effectively. I tried the magnesium supplements and got deathly sick. If you suspect a food allergy, you should start keeping a log of what you eat and see if there is any pattern to your flares. Then you can start eliminating suspects from your diet. As far as the sleeping, I don't know what to tell you. About the only thing that works for me is to buy a Pay Per View that I really want to see and try to watch it in bed. I am usually asleep within 20 minutes. Otherwise I am snooping on the net trying to learn what I can about FMS, and napping when I can. Good luck to you, and welcome to one of the best sources of information and support that you will find anywhere.
    Kathryn
  4. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

I am still pretty new to this board, and fibromyalgia as of july 2002. I hope this board helps you as much as it has me. I also have young kids.I am sorry to hear about the insurance. in canada we have premium medical. my income is so low that the government pays for it, but not meds. hope we can talk again.

stephanie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome to the board. Good to hear you are taking Malic Acid and Magnesium , that helps me a great deal with the pain too.

As for sleep, this is my nightly formula:

6pm Xanax (0.25 milligrams)

10pm ZMA (zinc, magnesium and Vitamin B-6) great for deep restful sleep. I have been taking this supplement since Feb. this year, and after about ten days, I now sleep 7-8 hours a night, as opposed to waking up every hour on the hour!

Right before bed; 3 milligrams of Melatonin (This is a hormone that helps you to fall asleep quickly).

Both of the supplements, ZMA and Melatonin are sold here at Pro Health, just go to the 'Store' link on the right side on top of this page, and click there, you can read about these and other supplements for FM/CFS. Also ask for a free catalog and the Newsletter.

Hope you find something to help you sleep, it is so important for our bodies to heal.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. missboo

missboo New Member

i have young kids too. and old kids, and everything in between! 7 altogether - only 4 at home. I sympathize. i've been unable to work for 3 years. it's hard to keep telling them that you can't buy the things they want for them. it's also hard when you hurt to tell them you cant go and do the things they want to do. i'm pretty new here but have found its comforting to come here and find there are alot of people who feel the same way. Wish i had a magic answer for you. wish i had one for everyone here! Hang in there, though. we're here for you.
    missboo.

[ advertisement ]