Hi I'm new around here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Phoenixbard, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Phoenixbard

Phoenixbard New Member

Just surfin' through and thought I might stay awhile. I was dx'd with CFIDS a little over a year ago, since then my life has been hell! In fact, I've finally learned to let go of what my life was, and am trying to define my life with this "DD". Anyway I look forward to reading and posting here. Happy holidays!!! Phx
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

And welcome! I have FMS & sjogren's, but we have many, many folks with CFIDS, you'll be in good company here---plus many of these syndromes overlap anyway. This is a great place for support & new ideas, I've gotten a lot of help here. Welcome & you enjoy your holidays, too!

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Welcome to the board. I also have CFIDS and FM along with NMH. I'm glad you found us. This place is a great source of information and suport.

Barbara
  4. opala

opala New Member

Welcome!!!
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Phoenix, welcome to the board, I have Fibro and all the 'goodie' that go along with it.

You do well to forget how you used to live, and learn the new style. Saves a lot of heartbreak and misery, and it can be enjoyable.

I have been dealing with Fibro for 20 years now.

Again, welcome to the board, and do have a great holiday season.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

You will find this site to be the best place you could have stumbled on for information, advice and support and even for a few good laughs, just when you need them...Welcome and Merry Christmas.

1Writer
  7. little

little Member

Welcome, I come here almost every day, It is a great place to be. I have learned a lot of great things. I have had FM for about 30-40 years. Just dxn about four years ago. Have a great New Years. Gail
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome. It sounds like you have worked through the grieving process to arrive at acceptance for your new reality. This is good because now you can use your energy for learning all you can about your illness and research treatments which will help you heal.

There are a lot of things we can do to feel better. That's the good news. The bad news is that what works for one will not necessarily work for another. We have a huge library here with articles written by some of the best experts in the field. Dr. Paul Cheney's articles have been of great help to me in my search for healing. I am not well but I have certainly improved in the last year and a half.

You've come to the right place. The people here are wonderful and will help all they can.

Love, Mikie
  9. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I hope you find comfort, answers and support here. I have FMs along with several other problems. also dxed with CFS years ago in the 80's.

this is a great web site and it is full of wonderful people. Have a great Christmas and enjoy life as you are. We are who we are, wonderful people with annoying disabilities due to our DD's. The key I am finding is acceptance of my limitations and respect for them. when I listen to my body and rest when I have to and not push to hard I stay a lot healthier.

welcome home to the best board on the web

cathy aka griswoldgirl
  10. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Yes, it is a good thing too be flexible or the life style changes would really bend my mind. I seem to get mad or sad at times over it but I am determined to do what is good for me. It is a rollercoaster ride and I have never liked them! But since I am thrown in this seat I will make the best of it. I am glad to hear you have learned to let go of "what your life was" as this is probably the biggest step forward from what I have learned so far. I'm glad you found this board as it has been a rewarding experience for me and I know you will gain from it too. I welcome you and wish you happy & peaceful holidays. CelticLadee
  11. Phoenixbard

Phoenixbard New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Boy this board really has a lot of useful info. Glad I found it.

Phx
  12. Aida

Aida New Member

I was looking for a support place for FM and found this Message Board place. I have FM for over 10 years and I still am suprised that I'm sick. We have to make adjustment everyday to live a somewhat normal life. Normal, as in different from before FM.

Some days I feel like I might be pain free for a little while, like a few hours would be nice. But then it's back to FM normal which is not too normal. Well it's late and I'm just tired of being in pain, so I needed to talk.
    Thanks for the ear.
    Aida
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2002]