Hi, I'm new here also.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lighthouselady, Feb 23, 2003.

1. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm brand new to this board, but I've been reading it for a while. There are some very good ideas here and I plan on catching up on some of your thoughts. I don't post a lot but I do read a lot. I work on a computer all day, medical transcription so I don't spend too much time on the computer when I come home. Anyway, Hi All.

Lighthouselady.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2003]
  2. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

Like your name.How did you come up with that? You must like light houses huh??? Welcome and yes there is a ton of info and very informative people here!
  3. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

very glad to have you:)
    Peace and Hugs, Camelgirl
  4. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Hope you get the chance to check back with us soon. It must be tough working on the pc all day - then when you get home getting back on your pc (UGH) is the last thing you want to do - right? Well, when you can handle it ... there is lots of good info. here and a lot of kind & helpful people. I love the good clean salty air of the coast, remote beaches and lighthouses. I bet you do too. ;)
  5. wings1

wings1 New Member

Glad you decided to post. I like your name. Come back and post when you feel up to it. Seems to be alot of caring people here. God Bless Wings1
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. I have been thinking of taking the medical transcription course. Do you work for an agency or free lance? Is it relatively easy to break into? It would seem like such a logical choice for people like us. I appreciate your answers.

Love, Mikie
  7. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Hi to Mikie and all, Gee you all give a nice big welcome. Yes, it does make a long day at the PC (especially today) but that's another story. Mikie, I work for a hospital in the central dictation department. We type everything from operative reports, History & Physicals and almost everything else. I took a course for year in medical assisting and secretarial, that was 22 years ago. I am still doing the same job, same office, same corner actually. I do enjoy it, its different all the time yet the same. After doing some "light duty" a couple of weeks and being on my feet, I really appreciate sitting most of the day, I do have a lot of leeway in getting up and down. If I had to I would type at home, the benefits such as hospitalization and meds are the icing on the cake in working for a hospital. Hope this helps a little.

Lighthouselady