Hi I'm New Here...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CAM57, May 28, 2006.

1. CAM57

CAM57 New Member

I am new to this forum and fairly new to FM(x 1 yr).Also have RLS(20 yrs),IBS(6yrs),osteo-arthritic(19yrs) and anklosing spondilitsis(6 months). Do any of you have OCD, PTSD and GAD(6 yrs or more)?
    At 48 I feel like I am falling apart(physically)!I'm too young to be old! Married to the most wonderful husband for 22yrs. Two awesome children 16&14 yrs.Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
    CAM
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I don't know what GAD is, Just wanted to welcome you to the group. I have FMS, diabetes, etc,. You can view my profile by clicking on my username to the left and wait a few seconds for my profile to load.

Have a nice holiday!

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's a wonderful place to learn,communicate and even have some fun.Linda
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I must agree with prickles; it can become addicting but not to worry; it's a wonderful addiction. You'll receive a lot of information and fun here.

Again, welcome!
    BlueSky555
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Cam57!

I, too, recently found this website and feel SO BLESSED!! I have learned SO much about things I needed asnwers to since posting messages and, my favorite, chatting with others like me.

I am 37, was Dx'd 10/11 years ago w/FMS, and like most of us, have many additional ailments. My body feels SO OLD compared to my mind. I still think I can do the things that I NEED to get done, like cleaning, or the things I WANT to do...but then I pay for it for days afterward.

You are not alone any more, so don't be shy.
    Take care, Gentle hugs and love!

CockatooMom
  6. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

While physically you may not feel so well, it sounds like you've got an incredible family by your side, and that's definitely helpful in dealing with this disease. I was diagnosed with CFIDS in June of 2004 and FM in october of 2003. I believe, however, that my CFIDS dates back to having mono in 1997, so I've been dealing with this for quite a while.

It's difficult to manage at times, but hopefully you have a good team of doctors who are knowledgable about your illness. Many people here suffer with depression and anxiety, which is often triggered by FM or CFIDS or any other chronic disease.

You'll find a lot of people feel the same way you do. We are way too young to be feeling this way. I'm 24 years old, have a wonderful husband as well and a 5-year old son. My mother, who 56, can literally run laps around me. It's hard because I want to know what it feels like to be "normal". I just want to be a regular, healthy 24-year old. But, I just feel fortunate that I'm alive and still able to watch my son grow.

Gentle healing hugs and welcome to the board.

Kim
  7. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Glad to have you here.

I know what you mean about being to young to be old. I'm 33 and feel 80. I know there are many other like me and younger. I started my fight 16 years ago.

We are all hoping for more answers and brighter futures. Already, I have found some help here. It's a great place for everyone to pool their experiences, ideas and knowledge.

Blessings,

Sofi