Hi, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dotti51, Jan 27, 2008.

1. dotti51

dotti51 New Member

Hi my name is Dotti and I'm new here for a few weeks. It was so easy to join this site. I didn't realize there was this chit chat site where you're off whats wrong with you. Just post pleasant things. I'm retired and my husband and I have 3 dogs and 8 exoctic birds. I love to crochet, read, listen to music and play with the dogs and the birds. On December 8th we just adopetd another cockatoo, named Milo. He is the sweetest Umbrella Cockatoo. I also have a Siberian Husky named Sapphire, a Golden named Topaz, and a golden mix named Zabi. Zabi is a rescue dog who was badly abused. We just moved from New York to PA. We love to take the dogs to the park and let them run on real long leashes. I'm so happy that this site is here. I love to go to the chat site. I can just vent there which is nice. I know I made this a long topic, and I'm sorry. I just wanted to let everybody know a little about me, aside from my profile.

Dotti51
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome to chitchat! This is a nice diversion from the medical issues we all have. The people here are very friendly. I see you are quite the animal lover, I think you will find many others here also. Hope you are having a good day! Kim :)
  3. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Dottie. We talk about silly things, somber things, recipes, etc. You name it!!! So glad you joined us here.

Lilac
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

There's also a bunch of us who crochet here and every now and then a thread will pop up on the subject.

I too love birds but haven't had any in years.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  5. dotti51

dotti51 New Member

Hi Kim, thanks so much for your welcome, it made me feel very very warm. It is so nice to have a place other than a place to vent about you illnesses. It is nice to have a place to vent though. I'm fairly new to the computer, I only learned it 1 yr ago when we moved from NY to PA. I had promised my husband that I would learn. I even went to chat site by myself, and I'm doing well with it. I hope we chat often. Maybe you can tell me why there is under my name in red (edit) and (delete). I don't know why it's there. Thanks for your welcome and your help in advance.

Dotti
  6. dotti51

dotti51 New Member

Hi Linda, Thanks so much for your warm welcome. It was very nice of you. I have only been on the computer 1 yr since I moved from NY to PA. To me it's a lot of fun. I used to be afraid of it. I even went on the chat site by myself without any help. Yes I am an animal lover. At one time we had 5 dogs. When we moved to PA, we had 4 and the woman we bought the house from, was going to put her dogs down cause they couldn't make the trip to Arizona, both husky's. So we said we'd take care of them. One she did have to put down due to cancer. The other one Bear passed away and we had him a year. That was really hard. We lost our black lab mix who was 17 yrs old. Both a week apart. That was really very hard on us. Well Linda, take care, and hope to hear from you again.

Dotti51
  7. dotti51

dotti51 New Member

Hi Elaine! Thanks for your very warm welcome. It was very nice of you. I just felt I needed to respond to all the welcomes I got. Yes I am an animal lover. It's amazing how many animal lovers we have out there. I hope to hear from you again. Take care, and thanks again!

Dotti51
  8. dotti51

dotti51 New Member

Hi Lilac, Thanks for your very warm welcome. It was very nice of you. Yes I am a big bird lover. There's nothing like birds. I remember starting out with a parakeet, and then it went up to larger from there. The 2 largest ones I have are a macaw, and a moluccan cockatoo. Plucked, but very sweet all the same. I have mostly cockatoos. I hope to hear from you again. Take care and thanks again.

Dotti51
  9. dotti51

dotti51 New Member

Hi Nanacy, Thanks for your warm welcome. It was very nice of you. I do love to crochet although my ra sometimes stops me, but I'm making a baby blanket right now for the girl who does my nails. I hope I'll hear from you again, thanks, and take care.

Dotti51