Hi I'm new here..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SharN, Jan 9, 2003.

1. SharN

SharN New Member

I've already found this place to be a help. I found out I had FMS a year ago. I was doing great this past fall then pow I got set back the middle of Oct. I'm doing better now except my knees are killing me. I can barely get around. Bending them really hurts. I'm taking some med. and it helps a little. And I soak in the tub and do leg exercises then. Any suggestions? Thanks, SharN
  2. blast

blast New Member

I personally would like to welcome you to the best fibro board in town ( and around )LOL
    I do hope you get some great info here and maybe can even give some. Share your experiences and I am sure you will find someone with similar ones.
    I have that same problem with the knees !!!! OUCH!!!!!!
    They hurt so bad at times I have to use a cane. I have found that walking stairs just taking your time and doing what ever you can really helps. As long as you keep them moving they will eventually feel a tad bit better. Even on the days they hurt the most, keep moving, don't keep them still and don't baby them. They will only hurt more later on! I also use the cremes like Aspercreme and they do help a little. It takes a bit of the edge off, which is better than nothing right?
    Well have a great night and so happy to meet u!
    Sherri
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, SharN:

I, too, have problems with my knees (and lots of other places), especially my left knee. You might try soaking in the tub with some epsom salts-probably a cup or two depending on how high you fill your tub.

Take care and hope you feel better soon!

Ellen