Hi. I'm New. I Have CFS. I Have Many Questions.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seans, Dec 29, 2002.

1. seans

seans New Member

Hi. I'm Sean. This is my first time here. I'll be 34 in January. I have had cfids for 6.5 years. I am still researching whatever I can get my hands on about this dd. I want to be more pro-active now with the additional findings that have been made recently.

I would like to know how any of you have gone down the road of getting diagnostic tests for various things: i.e. low molecular weight RnaseL, low glutithione, low growth hormone, etc. etc. ??

Are these things covered by insurance? Are they expensive? Who does the tests?

Has anyone dramatically improved their condition with a long-term program of supplements, fighting candida, using whey, etc. etc.??

Has anyone been treated with steroid? What was the effect?

Any info at all would be helpful. Please post or my email: seanstotsky@mehaffyweber.com

Thanks. much.
  2. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi seans~~I have had FM/CFS for 35 years along with various other ailments. I spent a fortune over the years trying all kinds of things to treat the FM/CFS. However, no luck. Then, I tried the vitamin ENADA which you can buy on this site, and it worked like a miracle on my CFS.

I took 10mgs every morning first thing on an empty stomach. I didn't any difference until the 8th day. Then, this incredible thing happened--the fog lifted, my mood was enhanced, my attitude became positive, and as I continued to take the ENADA--I had more & more energy. I couldn't believe the difference it made in me.

Though people respond differently to various approaches, I would encourage you to give it a try. It worked a miracle for me. I still had the occasional CFS flare, but they were not as often and not as intense. Best Wishes, Carol...
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Seans, welcome to our world. I have Fibro, not CFS, so just stopped to welcome you.

Many of our members have both, so they will be sharing their experiences with you and answer some of your questions too.

Again, welcome and I hope you find some help soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. seans

seans New Member

Hi JellyBelly. Thanks very much. I am in full combat mode. I've made a lot of improvement, but am not near having my life back. I am heavy into the research and trying to go down the road of finding out and documenting what I have (or am deficient in).

I am just in the process of approaching a new doctor to start being tested for mycoplasma, heavy metals, candida, glutathione and gh levels etc. I'm trying to figure out how to best go about this so that insurance pays for some or all of it.

I've started back on a better diet and taking supplements. I've got whey in the mail. I'm trying to figure out if I need to take gh or bovine gf.

I need to identify the various tests I need done and where I can get them done. Is there a really good list posted somewhere.

You said you were 90% back! That is bigtime!! Are you able to do aerobic activity? Do you feel well and not fatigued most of the time?

Thanks.
  5. healing

healing New Member

If you're going to take the ENADA NADH, you might want to know about these cautions from the Whole Health MD website:

Side effects. Some people may have quite a dramatic reaction to NADH, with mild overstimulation, anxiety, and even insomnia developing. For this reason, you may want to work up to your target dose gradually, starting out with a low dose [2.5 mg].

Slow onset. By the same token, you should be aware that NADH therapy may take time--and some patience on your part. If results seem slow in coming, wait for at least three months before considering discontinuing this supplement.