Hi I'm new to this board & have a question. PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Frustrated2, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Hello,
    I am new here and hoping to find some information or just a little advice. IF ANYONE IS EXPERIENCING WITH THE SAME PROBLEM I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

I am 33y/o & married. Last year 2002 June/July I got a sharp pain in my right shoulder, which then went to my left shoulder then developed in my left & right elbows then all my other joints. I become very fatigue have lost weight, am irritable, I have to lay down for a while. My worst area now is in my fingers which I am unable to do hardly anything due to the pain & inflammation.
    I saw my local Dr.which he put me on anti inflammatory tablets, celebrex, naprosyn, voltaren, just to name a few, they helped for a short term then started to irritate my stomach, & have no affect. I stopped taking them. My Dr. then sent me to have blood tests done for ANA, ENA, RF,& ESR they all came back negative. Dr told me I have Seronegative Arthritis.

Then I was sent to see a Rheumatologist January this year 2002 he checked me over thoughly & told me I have no evidence of arthritis. And just told me to take Panadeine for the pain.

My local GP was not sure what to do next as everything possible had been done, he was not listening to me properly when I was telling him I had developed more symptoms. (I think he was just waiting to retire as he did not care).

I saw another GP for a second opinion no help at all she looked over all my reports & blood tests & told me it might be something which I have to just learn to put up with (it's alright for her to say that she is not the one with the pain 24/7.) I did not go back.

I went back to my Dr. at least he never said that to me. July 2003 my Dr. decided to put me onto Prednisone 5mg twice a day, they were helping with the pain (what a relief it was). Then he retired which I did not know, found that out when I rang to make an appointment as I was nearly out of tablets.

September, Here I go again searching for another local GP. Found 1 he is nice he listened & took an interest in what I was saying.

*First he suggested that I go off Prednisone because of the harmful affects it can have on my body, so he weaned me off them as well as putting me on Plaquenil to see how I go. WOW was I going through a a rough patch felt like I was having withdrawal symptoms worse pain than ever CHRONIC That was just for 3 weeks went back Friday Sept 26. NOT THE BEST OF NEWS I RECEIVED. DOCTOR HAS TAKEN ME OFF THE MEDICATION ALL TOGETHER NOW. & said to have an X-ray on my Left & Right hands as they are the worst & re-do the blood tests again. As I have only seen him 3 times now since he has seen no evidence of my fingers been inflammed he can't do really anything for me he stated "its just my word that I'm in pain & have inflammed fingers" it happens everytime I use my hands that my fingers become inflammed. I felt embarrassed & humiliated & told me I don't have Arthritis.

I have had the x-rays, blood tests will be done on Tuesday 30th September. Dr. suggested I may need a review with my Rheumatologist (I don't see what he can do if the tests show up negative again).

It will be interesting when I go back for the results.

I have had newer symptoms now sore throat & tired, being out in the sun I seem to have a flare up makes me tired & fingers become inflammed & sore.

Sorry this has been so so long winded as I thought I would post all the details in full now from beginning till now.

I don't know what to do! I guess I just have to put up with the pain the best I can since being on no medication.

Regards
    Sharon

2. shaniloss

shaniloss New Member

Well, Sharon I have news for you, my son is very athletic and his knee grew too fast. Doctors said therapy would help, no no it did not. I heard about a natural product called joint support. I ordered it for my son and it has worked wonders, no pain whatsoever. So my mom,who is 75 years of age and was suffering very bad with arthritis wanted to try them. She has been taking this product for 2 months now. She discontinued the prescription drugs about 2 weeks ago. She began taking 9 a day and she is down to 3 a day and NO PAIN. You might want to give it a try. My e-mail is shaniloss@yahoo.com if you would like more information.
  3. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Hi Shaniloss,

Thankyou for your reply.

How are you? What is the name of the product? that your mum is taking.

Regards
    Sharon
  4. twin2

twin2 New Member

Hi and welcome! Sorry to hear you are so miserable. I can understand your frustration. I've had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 3 years now. It started with severe fatigue, then the pain hit. At its worst, I had excruciating pain in almost every joint from my jaw to my feet and puffiness (visible to me) in a handful of those joints. All the tests came up negative (and there were quite a few!). I've seen a number of doctors and am currently on my second rheumatologist. We're searching, by trial and error, for a medication I can tolerate that will help me sleep. Deep restful sleep, for me, works better to relieve pain than most meds I've tried. I hope we'll both hit on the right combination of doctors and medications to get back to our old selves.

By the way, you may want to post your question on the Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia board. You'll probably get a lot more answers there.

In the meantime, keep your chin up. And keep looking for a doctor who you feel comfortable with and who believes you.

Lots of luck,
    Cindy
  5. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it.

It's good to be able to chat with other people that have the same problems it helps a lot.
    I'm sorry to hear that you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
    It must be hard for you looking after your children.
    I wish that my doctor could tell me what is wrong with me, all this week I've had to lay down as I'm so fatigue it's an effort to do things even my feet ache constantly now.

I don't know how I'm going to cope with having to work 2 days a week.

I shall try & keep my chin up, thanks again.

I to hear from you again Cindy.

Regards
    Sharon

6. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Thank you for your reply.

How are you today? I posted a message in the CF FM board. Last night Sat 18/10/03.

I have received many replies in that section which is very helpful.

Take Care
    Sharon
  7. twin2

twin2 New Member

I see you made it over to the CFS/FM board. There are a lot of knowledgeable and supportive people over there.

Sorry to hear your feet are aching too. I used to walk like Frankenstein when my feet were bad so I didn't have to bend the toes too much. Even though most joints have improved drastically, my feet and hands still bother me the most. Not like before, though. It took a long time, but I'm slowly getting better. The fatigue isn't as severe either.

Good luck with working 2 days a week. Hope you're not on your feet all day those days. Just make sure you rest on your days off, and put your feet up! :)

Let us know how you make out with getting a diagnosis and helpful meds. I wish you the best of luck.

I'll see you on the CFS board.

Cindy
  8. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Cindy,

Nice to hear from you again. This CFS/FM board is terrific thanks to you. Makes me feel brighter when I receive replies certainly helps.

I'm glad to hear that most of your joints have improved, makes you feel like a different person, not being in pain & tired all the time. It would be great when you can do a lot more around the house & you have more of a life.

I will keep in touch, & let you know how things are going.

Keep Smiling
    Take Care

Sharon
  9. lrd64

lrd64 New Member

Wow Sharon,
    YOur story sounds just like mine. I was at one point diagnosed with Stills disease but I moved and the new doctor said the tests were normal and I looked fine so off the drugs I go.... I am just as frustrated as you are. I read to check out the fibro board so I will see if I can find you all over there.
    Lynn
  10. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your reply.

How are you feeling today?

Yes, it's very frustrating, at first I thought I was the only 1 going thru this, until I came across this message board. I feel better in myself now that I'm not the only one & everyone here is very helpful & supporting thank you.

I have also just found out that my Aunty, her sister is going thru the same as me.

Being on no medication is NO FUN I use a heat pack which releives the pain. UNTIL IT COMES BACK WITHIN MINUTES.

Lynne, as someone said to me "Keep your chin up, never give up & keep smiling" as hard as it is at times. And laugh when you can best sauce of medicine (LOL).

Take Care
    Sharon
  11. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Hi muffetjane,

Thank you for your reply.

How are you feeling?
    I will look into the website address you gave me, thanks every bit of info helps.

Take Care
    Sharon
  12. sheil1

sheil1 New Member

sharon, has anyone checked you for fibromyglia? you need to check that out. don't let any dr. poopoo you either fibro is real! keep me posted. god bless, sheil1
  13. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Hi sheil1,

Thank your for your reply.

I had a blood test yesterday Wed 12 Nov, for my thyroids as I think it my be that as my has underactive thyroid problems.

I know the results tomorrow Fri 14 Nov, pm when I phone the doctor up.

In the meantime he has put me on 50mg Zoloft as I'm becoming depressed with all this, started my first tablet today Thurs 13 Nov.

Hope everything is going ok for you.

Take Care
    Sharon
  14. Frustrated2

Frustrated2 New Member

Hi askphd,

Thanks for your reply.

I live in Australia & I haven't heard of CMPlex pills.

Thank you for your advice I appreciate it. I am learning to cope with my aches & pains now, I don't feel as stressed since I starting taking Zoloft, as I feel stress is maybe the cause of my problems.

Take Care
    Sharon