Hi I'm new to web site, but not FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hedgie, Sep 8, 2005.

1. hedgie

hedgie New Member

I've been treated for FM for about 5 years now. I was treated at Duke pain magerment clinic in NC, but recently moved to Gulf coast of Al. Of course this new doc. in little town thinks he knows more than the researchers at Duke and cut my pain meds. I live in sm beach town called Gulf Shores, it's beautiful here. I have 5 year old daughter. She keeps me very busy! Recently had to become a cheerleader coach.........(have no idea what I'm doing, but trying to make it a good time for the children)
    Hope to make some friends here. I have a problem with a brand of med I'm going to post separatly so I'll get response I'm looking for.
    Nice to meet you all,
    Hedgie
  2. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Welcome to the board. I know you will like it here. I have learned so much. You can get answeres here that sometimes you can't get from a doctor.

The collective information on this board is astounding!

By-the-way.... I have an aunt that lives in Fairhope. She goes to Gulf Shores all of the time. Isn't there a big hotel there? I have always wanted to go and visit her, but haven't been able to yet.

Jodi
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I just wanted to welcome you here. I hope you find this to be a warm and comforting place as I have. I have had FMS and endometriosis most of my life, but was just diagnosed a few years ago.

Ellen
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

You have a lot in common with justlikemom (my daughter). She is also a cheerleader coach - high school - but has had to give it up due to her Lyme & Fibro. She has a 4 year old son.

I hope ( and know) that you'll find many friends here that can give lots of love, support and advice.
  5. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

Welcome to this Meggage Board.

It has done me a lot of good joining this Website. I have been helped a lot and its great to know yu are not alone with your symptoms.

I have had FM for about 20 years but its only about two years ago I had a name for all my symptoms.

I take Elavil and it has helped me with sleeping and Restless Legs, Nerve Pain and TMJ disorder.

Mary
  6. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

to say hi and welcome to the board. You have come to the right place for lots of advice, info and support.

hugs
    brit