HI!!! I'm new, too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chazzsmom99, Aug 5, 2005.

1. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

I've been watching this board, off and on, for the last couple of months, and some of the topics really hit home! Today I finally got up the guts to answer a couple of posts. Boy, you gals move fast!!!!! I've had FM now for 2 yrs. this Nov., but wasn't formally diagnosed until last year. I'm lucky. I have a FNP who just got out of school and is up on so much. But the reason I really like her is that she listens. That's hard to find, especially with FM. When she gets back from vacation (lucky person) she'll be referring me to a rheumy, so that I can get started on my disability and other ways of life. Being in a really rural area, we don't have much, but the Dr.'s and my son's school are wonderful. I have a disabled husband (he broke his back in an industrial accident, and was told he'd never walk again; he does, tho!) and a son with ADHD. I've got my hands full! Several pets, and family close by.

Peggi

ps--what does "bump" mean?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2005]
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

This board moves fast so if you want to keep something up where p[eople might read it,you BUMP it to the top!
  3. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

I feel like I'm lost if I'm gone a while, it moves so fast!! Think you have something about staying indoors!

Peggi
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have already met you, but let me offer my welcome, also. Glad you found us...we need you!

Sue
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

In Eureka? Who was he? I think I have this covered now as I have responded in three places. (-:

Sue
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad you found us, and that you feel confortable here. This is a fast moving board lately, so be sure to use the 'Search' feature on the top left of this page to find the replies to your posts, just type in your name, and use the drop box for 'username' and your posts will all come up. Easy way to keep track of your replies instead of searching through all the posts.

Its so good to hear you have a great doctor and a good school for your son. Both are hard to find these days...

Glad your husband beat the odds, and can walk, he must be a determine man. Good for him.

I also live in a rural area, love it out here, its peaceful, quiet and full of wild animals, plants, trees, its just such a pleasure to look out windows and see all the squirrels, birds, and anything else that passes through this property!
    Had to cut down some bushes I planted, I had a Bobcat that got just a little too close to the house :) But it was sure a treat seeing such a beautiful animal, he growled at me, so the bushes went and he has not been back since.

If I were well, I would have a zoo of animals. As is I do have 5 dogs, they are the greatest company there is.

I have had FM for over twenty years, its quite a challenge.

Again, welcome to the board, and I do hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

7. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome to our board/support group. Glad to have you!

I, too, am from a rural area. Any time I want anything, it's at least a 30-45 min. drive. But I like the privacy of the country, the safety factor, and the quiet, peaceful, living!

I'm 54 and retired. I have fibro as well as numerous serious illnesses.

I think you will enjoy it here, and find out a lot of good info!

When you get time, complete your profile so we know a little about you!!

jlh / Janet
  8. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

I don't get on the computer half as much as I'd like, so thanks for the tip on finding replies.

Everyone sounds so great. It's nice to meet you!

Peggi
  9. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I also want to welcome you. Sorry you have FMS but you seem to have a positive attitude. I live in the suburbs but to me it's the "country" because I grew up in New York (the Bronx)! I love owning my own house and being able to do what I want with it.

Having FMS is a challenge, and then having your family have health problems makes it harder. But you'll get lots of support here. You're in the right place!!!!

BxGirl
  10. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

Sometimes I just want to cry when everybody wants/needs something, and I get so frustrated when it seems I'm expected to carry on like I did a couple years ago. The hardest part is having to tell the kid that I can't do something because I hurt so much. But on my good days, we have what I call a "date", where him and I go do something special together.

Having a positive attitude and a weird sense of humor helps, but there are times...

The Bronx, huh? Wow. I was born on the East Coast, but moved here to CA when I was 10. Big change!

:)
    Peggi
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2005]