Hi, I'm new!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minimonkey, Nov 18, 2005.

1. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself --

I've been suffering from chronic myofascial pain (neck, shoulder, back spasms,) migraines, and bizarre nerve symptoms for about 15 years, and a host of other symptoms to boot (IBS, panic, sweating, yeast, etc.) It is looking a lot like FMS at this point.... although my wonderful doc is still working on eliminating other causes before tagging me with the dreaded diagnosis.

So, I'm finally seeking out some support from others who suffer this as well.

I currently see a chiropractor/massage therapist (this helps some), just started Effexor (hasn't helped the pain yet, but did MIRACLES for my sleep and energy levels) and take Vicodin for pain as a last resort. I was taking Ultracet for pain, which worked well, but can't be taken with the Effexor.

I'm very interested in learning as much as I can about this condition/these conditions. I'm a training psychotherapist, and I want to develop a specialty in working with chronic pain sufferers ..... the mental health field as a whole shares almost as much of the prejudice regarding FMS as the medical field ---

Obviously, those of us who have chronic pain know it is a very real, physical condition.
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

You will find a lot of information here and tons of caring people to welcome you.

Never be afraid to ask any question; there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Please fill in your profile so we can know a little more about you. Just click on "edit profile" at the top of the page.
  3. Starcat

Starcat New Member

..so happy to have you on board and welcome! I suffer with MPS too along with the fm. It's a vicious cycle to deal with for sure.

Have you heard of "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies? I think it's the best book going for MPS. Very informative and also a self-treatment guide. I would be lost without it since I can't afford massage therapy.

Again, welcome. Take care and good luck in your studies too. Hope to bump into you again.

:)cat

4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

You'll love it.The people here ae so nice.Linda
  5. 1horse

1horse New Member

WELCOME TO THE BOARD.. YOU WILL LOVE IT,. GOOD PEOPLE AND LOTS OF INFORMATION..~hugs~ peggy
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

Glad that you found us! Hope to talk with you often!!

Hugs,
    Janet