Hi, I'm new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by snowmangirl, Sep 5, 2006.

1. snowmangirl

snowmangirl New Member

Hi,
    I have had CFIDS and Fibro for about 15 yrs. It has totally taken over my life. I try to take it one day at a time and do what I can do for that day. I am inclined to over do when I feel good so I limit myself to 15 minute tasks then a 15 minute rest...sometimes it works, other times it's like hitting my head against the wall. What bothers me a lot is the people who do not think we are really sick...we need to educate these people any way we can.
    Ok, thanks for letting me "unload."

Snowmangirl
  2. toughone

toughone New Member

You are in the right place! Everyone here is so helpful and caring. Full of great advice and ideas! I am one who over-does it and pays for it every day. I have a need to prove to myself and everyone else that I can still function normally. Problem is, I don't know what normal is anymore!

Hope you find it as great a place here as I have!

Take care...

Bonny
  3. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Hi Snowmangirl, and Welcome!!

I am new here myself since the middle of August this year. Everyone here has been such a big help and has been so wonderful to me. I have to agree with you, we do need to educate everyone who doesn't understand and even the physicians who think they know aht there doing and how were feeling. I was diagnosed at the same time that I started here at this Web site, which has only been a few weeks. My doctor told me that I had been misdiagnosed and ran some test.. He thought that after 8 years and all the pain and other treatments I have had that something else had to be go'n on. When he diagnosed me I thought NO WAY! This is just sme kinda label you are putting on me because the test all came back negative besides my white count..it was a little high. The more I talked with everyone here in the chat rooms and the message board I realized I wasn't alone. I really do Have FM and DDD, Osteoaruthritis, and Spinal Stenosis. What a combination huh? It Literally takes my breath away somedays just to get outta bed. My Kids are back to school and I find I have to keep going for them; thats what I am living for right now, and for my husband as well.

If there is anything you need or just want to talk let me know..I check the message boards daily..yeah I am addicted to this site..They all are good people here..they can help you with anything, or point you in the right direction.

God Bless you Snowmangirl and Welcome!

Noahvale--Kathy

4. Rozzie

Rozzie New Member

Hi, I am new also and everyone has been so responsive and helpful. This is certainly a fantastic place for information, and support.

Welcome and good luck. Barb
  5. pamj

pamj New Member

Welcome to the group! I'm so sorry you've been dealing with this for so long. It's good to try to pace yourself the way you do. I know it doesn't always prevent the bad days, but it's still better in the long run.

Sometimes, when someone says something stupid, like "wow, it must be nice to nap every day. I wish I could take a nap, but I actually have to work & raise my kids!"... so I reply "yes, I know... wouldn't it be so cool if you had a chronic debilitating illness too?" That usually makes them get pretty embarrassed, and makes them stop & think before they speak next time :)

We definitely need more education for the rest of the world. I've been doing everything I can to help with that. I actually got my two local newspapers to do a story on CFS, and I'm not stopping there!

There are a couple of things you might be able to do yourself, and at least you'll feel like you're reaching a few people. Please read my last post by clicking on my screen name. There are some pre-written letters that you can email to your representatives and a few other people. It feels really good to hit the 'send' button, and we need to keep feeling positive as much as possible :)

Unload here as much as you need too! That's why we're here!
    take care,
    Pam

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Snowmangirl

Welcome to the Board. As indicated, lots of nice people here to share info, stories, jokes, recipes, etc.

Two tips: fill out your profile so we can get to know you. Maybe make comments more pertinent.

Use short paragraphs. Some folks here have trouble reading long ones.
  7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Your story sounds a lot like me. The doctors feel my FM started after a severe car accident when I was 17. It took until I was 45 to get a diagnosis and years of being told it was all in my head. I get so tired of people saying Fibro what?????

This site is a good place to unload. I wrote a post recently about finally finding a place that I fit in. People understand when you talk about all your weird symptoms or how hurt you are when someone says "you look fine to me!, maybe you just need some exercise, or loose some weight and you will be fine!" GRRRR!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  8. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Welcome Welcome Welcome,and i ditto everything everyone here has said,and you couldent have found a better place even if just to vent or cry,we know were here,we care! Take care,angelkisses