hi im new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sweet-lavendar, Aug 28, 2002.

1. sweet-lavendar

sweet-lavendar New Member

hi im' lavendar Ive just found this sight and it looks realy useful.
    Just thougt I'd intraduce me
  2. sweet-lavendar

hi im' lavendar Ive just found this sight and it looks realy useful.
    Just thougt I'd intraduce me
  3. honey

honey New Member

Welcome to our family, there is a lot of information here on this board with loads of very helpful supportive people. The Library has a huge range of information which is wonderful.
    If you have any questions please just post them and I'm sure someone will be able to give you some answers/advice.
    Once again a big welcome to you.
    You didn't say if you have FMS or CFS or both??

Wishing you pain free days

Luv
    Lyn
  4. sweet-lavendar

my doc says Ive got fibrositis but i think thats the same thing as fibormyalgia?
  5. honey

honey New Member

if its the same thing or not but I'm sure someone will be a long soon to let us both know......lol.....I was only d'x with fibromyalgia a few months ago so I'm still learning whats what....and this board is just full of great information and lovely caring supportive people.
    Any way Lavendar I'm off to bed now,
    Good night to you, sweet dreams

Wishing you pain free, happy days

Luv
    Lyn
  6. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

My favorite color! Fibrosistis is the old name for fibromyalgia, so welcome to the club. Sorry you've got this DD, but there's so much that can be done to help with many of the symptoms. I've got hope from members here who've had this disease (syndrome) for years, and are living the quality of lives we all deserve.

As honey said, there's a lot of info on this site. I've learned so many helpful tips since I've been here, including how to be an informed patient.

Do you have support from family or friends? That's important, but some here have very little & rely on this board for their support. There are lots of fms support groups across the country.

Best wishes to you, and don't hesitate to ask questions. The search message feature here is a great way to look at individual symptoms you might be having or meds/supp. Michele
  7. sweet-lavendar

i live with my mum but I think she don't realy beleive im ill
    She shouts at me when i tell her it hurts

thanks for the hellos honey and Michelle
  8. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Order the patient guide (lst post on each page)..it's a great way to help educate family & friends. If you're mom is willing, show her some of the info and/or posts from here, or have her come online with us.

It's heard for people who love us to see us in pain, it's easier for some to deny there's anything wrong. Just remember, that's her problem, NOT yours. Come here anytime you need support. Also, if your dr. is good, ask him to talk to your mom (or even one of the nurses).

Have a great day. Michele
  9. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Welcome!
    You have come to the right place......we are all willing to jump in and help at a moments notice. All ya have to do is ask! We are glad to have you aboard!! Hope your mum starts to understand better. It is sad that more people don't understand this like they do when someone has cancer and some other disease.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Sweet Lavender, welcome to the board. You name is my favorite color, and I also love the flowers.

I was diagnosed with Fibrositis years ago, but they have since found out that this illness does not have inflamation in the muscles, so they have renamed it Fibromyalgia.

I am sorry you Mom does not believe you when you say that you hurt, that must be hard to deal with.

Like someone suggested, go to the top post by the WebMaster and order the pamplets, they are very good at explaining this illness.

Plus you can also go to the Home page, Library, and Community for additional information at the top of this page.

Please let us heard more from you, maybe we can be of some help to you.

Again, welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl
  11. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

What a beautiful sounding name. :) Makes me think of Spring in the mountains. And I don't even know if Lavendar grows there. lol. Anyway, welcome to the board. As you've already been told, there's a wealth of knowledge here. And you'll soon find a wonderful, caring bunch of people just waiting to help you. Welcome again. Looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

Regina
  12. sweet-lavendar

thansk for ansering me Teresa, Shril and Regina you all seem realy welcoming peeple
  13. meandyou

meandyou New Member

14. meandyou

meandyou New Member

Hi and welcome,
    I am happy that you finally found a site that will be very supportive. We all have mostly the same problems and help eachother through the bad times. I wish you a wonderful fall and winter season. Remember to pamper yourself when you are having a flare up. It does help alittle. Take care and have a good weekend.

meandyou,
    theresa
  15. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Hi!

Speaking of this, I have been putting a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and putting it in my pillowcase to help me sleep. (We do this with our Alzheimer's patients at work)
    Problem is that this makes my nose all stuffy. Anyone else have this reaction?
    Be well,
    Kady
  16. karenanne

karenanne New Member

You could make a small lavender bag or lavender pillow. You quite simply make a small bag (4"x4 approx)and fill with fresh dried lavender heads, crumbled. Then you can tuck this into your pillowcase, or sheets, or even use it amongst your nightdresses or bedlinen as both a freshener and a soporific (makes you sleepy).

These are as effective as the oil and possibly would not have the side-effect of making you feel stuffed up. You could 'refresh' periodically with a small amount of the oil.

I am absolutely delighted that you use the lavender on cotton-wool for your patients. That's really wonderful.
    Karenanne