Hi I'm New

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dghoover, Mar 8, 2003.

1. dghoover

dghoover New Member

Hi.. I've Had FMS now for 2 years and I also have Lupus for 10 years now. What I was wanting to know is anyone have chest pain that the Dr. can't really tell want it is, My Dr. said it could be spasems of the heart , but isn't really sure. Thanks!
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just wanted to welcome you to the board. I can't help with the chest pain problems, but I'm sure someone will be along who can. The board is often slow on weekends, so hang in there.

Barbara
  3. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Welcome to the board. Am sorry to hear you are in pain. Where is the pain at-ribs, sternum, etc? I have had pain in my ribs quite frequently w/this DD. I use warm showers & a heating pad to help w/this. Hope you feel better soon!
    ***Pixie***
  4. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

That is how I found out that I had FMS. I was having sharp pain in my left side that would come and go. I also had alot of other symptoms as well but the pain in my chest and ribs were a great concern for me because my father died of a massive heart attack. I took all the tests to check my heart and they all came back fine. I don't have this pain everyday but when it comes its terrible so I can relate to what your going through. I hope that you find some relief

hugs,
    Jeanna
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to our world. Yes, I have had chest pains, as well as rib pain too. Like you, they could find nothing wrong with my heart.

I take Pro Energy (malic acid and magnesium Glycinate) from Pro Health. It has help so much. I still get the pain, but not as often.

You doctor is right, it is spasms, and they not only hurt, but scare the heck out of you when they are in the chest.

Like someone else said, I use a heating pad, plus I take an OTC Advil gel capsule and a low dose of Xanax when it happens. It seems to help too.

Hope you are feeling better soon, and again welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. ozgran

ozgran New Member

I too get chest pains and have done so for a number of years. I have MVP but I don't think it is associated with that. Just have come to believe it to be another aspect of this DD. Not much help to you, but welcome to our world here on the board. you will get lots of help and support. Love Ozgran.
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I echo all the responses you are getting; I think it is very common to have chest pains; mine are on my left side of my chest & of course, I used to wonder about heart attack. Everything checks out fine, though, and I read in Dr. Devin Starlanyl's books that chest pain & feeling as if you have heart attack symptoms are very common to FMSers. For your own peace of mind, though, you'd do well to make sure everything heart-related is ruled out------because, as you know, we FMsers certainly CAN have other problems, too. But it may very well be just another aspect of this crazy DD!

Hope you feel better & welcome here!

Hugs,
    Pam