Hi I'm new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1TiredChick, Jul 11, 2003.

1. 1TiredChick

1TiredChick New Member

Hi,
    My name is Sheri and I am new here. I was trying to find some information on CFS to send a friend )she asked me today at lunch so what is chronic fatigue anyway?) and ended up finding this message board.
    I am 43 and a mom of 3 teenagers. I am a Christian. I am looking for a support forum and to see if there is anything new out there about CFS. I have had this for 10 years now.
    Usually in the summer I feel better but between taking my daughter to her dance competiton practices and my son to work I haven't been able to "sleep in" this summer and I miss that.
    Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.
  2. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

I don't have CFS, I have FM, so I really can not give you any advice, but you are going to meet alot of people here who care and have valuable advice. I am Christian as well, and one of the hardest things I had w/my illness was to take meds for them. I didn't want to, because I thought I was being weak in my faith, sounds strange huh, but that's me. Good luck and God bless. Take care Iggy
  3. rozchuv

rozchuv New Member

Hi Sheri,
    Welcome to the board and the group. i just started talking to people here a little while ago in the middle of a major relapse. It was very encouraging to me to share with people who know exactly what I'm talking about. The research goes on but nobody had a real answer yet. I have found several things that have been helpful and learned to manage my life and symptoms much better than I did in the beginning. I've been improving for the last year or so but it's kind of like walking on eggs. One wrong move and I'm in trouble. I wish you the best and look forward to reading your posts.
    Rosalyn
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Sheri, welcome to our little world here. Sorry, I also have FM, not CFS. But we do have a whole lot of members that can relate to you. Some even have both FM/CFS.

We do have an extensive library here if you are interested. Just go to the 'Home' and 'Library' links at the top of this page. Type in CFS and a whole lot of articles from the medical professionals that are doing serious research on this illness.

If you just scroll down the 'Home' page, its all current information.

Glad to have you join us, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Glad you found us, I think we're a great group of people. I'm 51 both kids grown. I don't envy you the teenagers. It's a hard world to raise them in now. Thank God you have your Christianity to pull you through.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/11/2003]
  6. NURSERITA

NURSERITA New Member

I have CFIDS and understand how hard it is to explain what it is to people. I am known to copy articles and leave them on peoples desks. I found a lot of different sites but get a lot of info from here and WebMD.

I pray that you find what you are looking for.
  7. GeneticDefect

GeneticDefect New Member

Welcome to our universe.

I was just Dx with CFIDS 2 weeks ago. Also Dx with FM but it must be mild.

I'm still going through more tests. Still battling it out with the doctors. It can be a long drawn out process.

The fatigue is terrible, isn't it?

Karen
  8. lucygoosey

lucygoosey New Member

HELLO,
    I AM NEW ALSO.I HAVE BEEN READING THE MESSAGE BOARD FOR A FEW WEEKS BUT JUST NOW DECIDED TO WRITE. I AM 49 YEARS OLD ,MARRIED WITH ONE SON. IDRIVE A BUS FOR HANDICAP ADULTS
    AND HAVE DONE THAT FOR 24 1/2 YRS. BUT I FEAR IT MY HAVE TO END SOON. I HAD A MAJOR FLARE UP IN MARCH AND WAS OFF WORK FOR 12 WEEKS.EVERY DAY IS A CHORE TO GET OUT OF BED. BUT LIKE EVERYONE I CAN`T AFFORD TO STOP. I HAVE ENJOYED READING
    ALL THE MESSAGES AND HOPE TO MAKE SOME FRIENDS.

9. Marianne10

Marianne10 New Member

Interestingly enough with cfs summers are harder for me.
    When I go out into the heat I feel like it drains all of my energy, Dose anyone else with cfs experience this?
    Marianne