Hi...I'm Patty

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shypat, Sep 24, 2002.

1. shypat

shypat New Member

Hi Everyone!
    I'm new here and I'm so glad I've found you all! I have FM/CFS, (diag. in 99) and was recently diagnosed with Trigeminal Neurolgia, which has been the most debilitating for me. Two years ago I won my SSD case, so now I just work a minimal of just about 20 hours a month at home, my boss is kind enough to allow this. My question is regarding bladder problems. For 4 years I have been in and out of urologist's offices and still can't seem to get my bladder working! I've had my urethra dilated 2x, and I'm now on Ditropan XL and still no luck. When outside my home, my main concern is finding the next restroom, (which I hate doing) because the frequency is unbelievable. Has anyone had this problem too and how have you dealt with it?? I'm also 45 and from what I've read, you can have bladder problems when you begin Menopause, which I really haven't done yet, but I'm worried that my bladder will be even worse when that happens. I look forward to any advice/suggestions you may have! Thanks for your input!!
  2. shypat

shypat New Member

Hi Everyone!
    I'm new here and I'm so glad I've found you all! I have FM/CFS, (diag. in 99) and was recently diagnosed with Trigeminal Neurolgia, which has been the most debilitating for me. Two years ago I won my SSD case, so now I just work a minimal of just about 20 hours a month at home, my boss is kind enough to allow this. My question is regarding bladder problems. For 4 years I have been in and out of urologist's offices and still can't seem to get my bladder working! I've had my urethra dilated 2x, and I'm now on Ditropan XL and still no luck. When outside my home, my main concern is finding the next restroom, (which I hate doing) because the frequency is unbelievable. Has anyone had this problem too and how have you dealt with it?? I'm also 45 and from what I've read, you can have bladder problems when you begin Menopause, which I really haven't done yet, but I'm worried that my bladder will be even worse when that happens. I look forward to any advice/suggestions you may have! Thanks for your input!!
  3. LouiseO

LouiseO New Member

It is very nice to meet you. I have some bladder problems. I go to my first appt. on Thrusday of this week.
    So I'm sorry I can't help you with your question. But Here is a great big WELCOME.

Luv, Louise xoxoxo :)
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

just wanted to welcome you. There's some great info on a variety of topics from the library, & the members themselves. I do know that one of the symptoms of fms can be "irritable bladder" frequency. I was having the frequency & urgency problems earlier, but I assume it's partly something in my new vit/min/supp that's helping, & I've definitely cut tremendously down on the caffeine.

My reply will also "bump" your post, so maybe some other members can let you know of their experiences & what works for them...then check w/ your dr.

Welcome, and take care. Michele
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Pat, welcome to the board. Can't help with the bladder problem, but I am sure others will be sharing with you soon.

Just stopped to welcome you to the group, hope we hear from you often, and good luck with your problem.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]