Hi, Julie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JewelRA, Jun 11, 2006.

1. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Another Julie and mother here!

This is a good question. I only worked for 3 years before my first child was born, and according to those reports from SS you get every so often, I do not have enough "credits" to apply for disability either. :( I sure wish I could to help out my poor dh who works so hard and we are really just barely getting by.

My aunt, who is a lawyer, said she does not know much about disability, but the only way to know for sure if you would qualify would be to contact a good lawyer who speicalizes in diabilty claims.

I hope you can find some answers, and if you don't qualify for disablity the Lord will provide some other way!
  2. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

This was supposed to be under your post about filing for disablity! I don't know how/why I made a new post! I'm loopy today. Sorry!
  3. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your post, I just woke up and got my coffee then got on the boards! I was'nt sure if this was for me or not so thanks for the 2nd post!

Right now I'm just doing some research on disability and may just take a medical leave first. I don't know, I'm really confused about it all!

I've been working since age 14 and have a job that I really love but...... Is it worth it to try and keep working when my health is getting worse? I know my family will say no it's not!

Anywho, thanks for your reply and for the welcome!
    From one Julie to another you're right the Lord will provide. Thanks I needed to hear that!

Gentle fibro-hugs, Julie (Earthdog)
  4. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

5. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

do you think there is a link between julies and FM, just a little humor.....hello to all the julies and of course everyone else
  6. blessedmom2four

do you think there is a link between julies and FM, just a little humor.....hello to all the julies and of course everyone else
  7. blessedmom2four

8. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Blessed,

Hi, It's nice to meet a fellow Julie and one with 4 kids just like me! I read your profile and it does'nt say if you have FS or CFS, do you? If so, when were you diagnosed?

I too am a new member of about a month but if you read my profile it says 10-2-05! I could'nt figure out why and then I remembered that I came to try out the chatroom back then. I could not keep up cause it's way too fast for me and I'm a pretty slow typist!
    I'm soooo happy to have found this site cause the people here are just so wonderful and caring!

Fibro-hugs,
    Julie

9. blessedmom2four

didnt mean to post that like 3-4 times....sorry

I was just recently diagnosed wuth FM about 3-4 weeks ago.Although 2 years ago i was diagnosed with myofascial. And when the Dr. found out i was having MRI and other tests done he told me to come back when i was ready to deal with the disease aspect of it.

3 years latter, and 50+ doctors and multiple MRI bone scans and blood work. A nuroligist diagnosed me.Now i am in need of a Dr. that knows about FM.

10. julieboo

julieboo New Member

Being a Julie too, Had to say hello. I dont have 4 kids, but I do have 2 and 2 big dogs that act like kids.
    I have cfs and fibro going 17 years.
    I was one of the Lucky ones that got my disability on the first try. Good luck and keep trying.
    Take care.

~JULIE~
  11. splooofy

splooofy New Member

My name is Julie too. I have 4 chilfren and was dx with Fibro some time ago. Just thought I would drop in and say hi to all the other Julie's.

Hugs Splooofy
  12. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

This is a program for those who are disabled and in financial need -- takes into consideration assets and household income. You apply just as you would apply for SSD.