Hi Kim...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Aug 31, 2006.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My computer is on, and I'll be back and forth to check...hope you make it and that things are going well for you today.

(-:
    Sue

PS This is a little early so don't feel bad if you get here and it's been here a bit.

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My mind spaced last night... go figure that one!

We bought sofas and are having problems with them. The company owner was here at noon. I'd forgot about him! Then I had my yearly oncology check up! Spaced that too!

I hope we can hook up very soon!

It is 2:45 pm our time. I have to run to my mom's for a bit, but I will check here before I walk out the door!

Kimmie
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I guess I missed you. What's with your couches and are the sellers doing right by you? What about your doc appointment...and how is your mom?

I'm about to go lie down and rub myself with something...I may try the Vicks on my leg and the Icy Hot on my arms...a bruise is coming on my chest...Shoot. I have been falling a lot the last couple years, and I am so tired of the doctors telling me all this is in my head. My leg has been giving out, and they just don't seem to hear anything I say.

Why? Why am I suddenly a nutcase when my whole life I have been considered a very competent, together, emotionally stable individual. Now that menopause threw me into depression and I have a chronic pain issue, I have changed to an incompetent, scattered, wacked out loonie? How can that have happened? I am the same person, I have the same mind and the same pain tolerance, etc. I also am more informed than the docs in some areas, I'm sure.

I want to scream. I guess the fall just tipped me over the edge here, Kim. Sorry for the rant. Next time I'm going to have a good talk with my doc....his sweet smile isn't going to win the day. I'm just plain tired of being treated like an idiot.

I have an appointment with a group who does mayofacial massage...it helped me with my arms, and I hope to get some help there for the rest of me.

Take care, my friend. You are such a sweetie. Hope we can get together soon. I do hope all is well.

Love!
    Sue

PS Another good time for you? Let me know! And, yes, if I had Marti and Tini here, I'd have a get-together! Ben and Jerry can't touch this...not the pain as much as my anger with the medical community.

I must stop yelling! (-: Thanks for listening.

5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am sorry you are having all of this #$%@ going on. It really sux, not having doctor's listen.

God forbid, but have you asked them to be tested for MS, or anything else. Maybe you should have your doctor do some further testing. If they refuse and think it's in your head, find someone who will listen. It's their heads that need to be fine tuned.

You are a VERY compentent, strong, and intelligent woman. Please do not listen to "them" and take it on as your own reality.

You are as amazing of a woman now, as you were before this DD. I would say even more so, now that you have had to deal with this freakin' illness, syndrome, whatever; as a part of life. It gives you another 'layer' to add to what you have been in the past , present and will be in the future. It's an added dimension, whether good or bad, of who you are. You ARE a survivor. Plain and clear.

My oncology appointment was wonderful. My mamo's are great and I am over 8 years out! Ran to my mom's to say 'hey' and to see my brother and his kids. Still looking for a larger lake home. Our daughter is engaged! I am sure I already told you most of this! LOL

I'll be on and off. We are gearing up for the holiday weekend at the lake. I will be checking this thread!

Susi, remember that our depression is very MUCH affected by the pain we have, along with the frustration we feel. Try to keep this in mind. I have to stop and remember this many a time. I've always battled with depression at varying degrees. It's made worse by the pain, fatigue, life changes, etc.

I hope you are relaxing and that something is helping you. Even if it's a teeney bit. My prayers are being said for you to please feel better, very soon.

Much Love,

Kim

6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I do believe were meant to be together as friends!

Your husband is Jim, or James, such as mine is. We both have son's named Kevin. We have large 'cougars' for cats. Your name is Sue. My middle name is Sue. Etc., etc.!

When I read what you write, I sometimes feel as if it something I wrote but used your name. Very simpatico, I do believe.

The only differences being, My first name is Kim. We live in Fort Wayne and you in California. Our last names differ because we are part of the Prather clan! Which does not rhyme with yours!

More similarities than not.... hmmmm....

Get better 'sis of my heart'...

Love,

Kimmie Sue
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

for Miss Sue...
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...are so articulate and so supportive. I feel like I really am all those things you said when I read them...and all those things you said are who you are...and you have had more layers health-wise than I. You are the survivor, the model for me to follow. Thank you.

I hope you have a great weekend. We are, thankfully, staying home! We were talking about life last night, and we realized that we travel a lot, but almost all of it involves family...our mothersr children, siblings, etc. Nothing just for us and fun.

Well, that's where we are in life right now...the sandwich generation. I'm delighted to hear you dear daughter is engaged. How fun to plan a wedding.

I am going to go shower and get going. Eager to see if the new PT can help me today....only a few more hours. The downside: I have to shave my legs! )-:

You have a wonderful weekend and so will we. Let's try to see if we can talk next week. You guys drive carefully and enjoy the last hurrah of summer.

We are remarkable similar...amazing, really. Both also had brothers die young. Sad similarity.

Happy Vacation!
    Love,
    Sue