Hi...Larry Here....New Member!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mersey_ferryman51, Feb 9, 2003.

1. mersey_ferryman51

mersey_ferryman51 New Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm a new member. Larry, 51, Boston, Mass. North Shore area. Divorced, 3 grown children, and I've had Fibromyalgia since 1989. I live in the Boston, Mass. North Shore area. I was born and raised in Pittsfield, Massachusetts.

I've been on Social Security Disability since I was forced to stop working in 1992.

My profile is posted, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and hopefully, be able to contribute to this group!

Larry G.
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Welcome! I have been in Pittsfield many times. I used to live near Albany, NY. I loved that area, especially at Christmas time. I live in Oregon now, and just can't get in the Christmas spirit any longer. I managed to keep working until this past August, and am waiting to hear from SS. You might not get too many replies today, as the board is pretty quiet most weekends. Check out the "Chit Chat" board, if you haven't already. That is where everyone goes when they are tired of talking about fm & cfs or whatever we wish we didn't have. Come back often. It is nice to get a man's point of view occasionally.
    Kathryn
  3. allycat20

allycat20 New Member

Hi Larry I am new to the board too and trying to understand what my life as dealt me. I worry everyday will there come a day where I have to give up my job. Will the flare ups just stop and the pain become a constant thing. Hope you enjoy reading and getting input from this board like I have been doing. Allie
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

Welcome! I stopped working also in 1992~ Reason being to give birth to my son,then return 6 weeks later~Never happened!!I fell during that pregnancy on my tailbone,and also was hit broadside in a collision prior to that.Thats when all my aches and pain started.....It took 5 drs and 2 years later to get a Dx of FM.I have some bad disks too.
    Three grown children huh?Same here....well 3 kids,not fully grown~ Did it take forever for you to get DX too?
    Hope to hear more of you,till next time.......
    Best regards,
    Tracey
  5. rosella

rosella New Member

Do I detect that you have an interest in Gerry & The Pacemakers, or am I fooled by your name??
  6. pearls

pearls New Member

Glad to have you aboard. There's a lot going on here.

-Pearl
  7. mersey_ferryman51

mersey_ferryman51 New Member

Thanks to all of you for the very WARM welcome!

Your kind words have made me feel at home already!

Larry G.

8. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Welcome Larry, I am fairly new also, Have found some great info. I would like to ask, there was a program on autoimmune disorders, extremely high incidence on the south shore around Quincy Mass. I missed part of it and did not have computer at the time to follow up. It is research into P&G. I lived right there when they were pouring out chemicals, I was pregnant and my child was born with birth defects. Do you know anything about this? I have been trying to find out since there is a large group running test studies. Would appreciate it if you have any info..Thanks Take Care
  9. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Welcome! although I'm sorry at the events leading you here;
    but we value your input, and hope you will find us all amusing and interesting! Some here are down-right Intellectual!!
    Seriously, welcome aboard, and learn, learn, learn!
    I'm homebound, have 3 grown kids- 2 of whom still live at home!
    Don't let the Sun catch you Crying!
    Fibromiester
  10. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

Welcome!! I have not been here too long. I am 52-acquired FM&CFS in 1974-diagnosed later. Are your children grown? Mine are 23, 25. Did your wife have a difficult time understanding your disease? It isn't easy on the one enduring this junk or the one watching you endure it. Never been to Boston-always wanted to visit-very interesting history of the US. Did you say you worked any? I give piano lessons in my home-had been substituting until this year. Lots of stress and sickness in the schools. I love teaching though. Life goes on day after day-each in its own special way -Oh This was one of my fAVORITE songs as a teenager!! Hope I got the words right. do you like to sing? Good outlet. Hope you enjoy your stay here. ((Hug)) Mastersinger
  11. lmn

lmn New Member

What a small world... I was born in Pittsfield but moved to the Milford area as a small child. I'm sure your going to love this message board. So many nice and knowlegable people!!
    I love the North Shore!!! Especially Rockport.
    Regards,
    lmn

[ advertisement ]