Hi Marta608

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jackie41, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

Hi Marta.

Sounds like from some of your posts, that you're having trouble walking very far. I used to have that problem (legs didn't seem to have the strength), until I got my walking sticks. They're stylish and weigh almost nothing. I use them everywere I go. They give that little bit of extra support that makes a big difference in how far I can walk. Check them out on my photo.

[This Message was Edited on 11/24/2006]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thanks, Jackie. You look good with them and I love the beach setting.

3. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

Thanks for the compliment. I think my sticks are resonably stylish and unobtrusive, but boy was it embarrassing when I first started using them. I felt like everyone was staring at me, and I didn't know how I would explain to my friends that I had decided to start walking with crutches. Most of them were quite understanding when I simply told them that my legs didn't feel very steady and that I just felt safer on crutches. There was kind of a delayed reaction a few months later when I was still on crutches and they realized it wasn't a temporary thing, but I've gotten over the embarrassment by now. Now, when I go out, I'll sometimes wear a dress, nylons, and heels (not too high, of course). I figure, if they're going to stare, I'll give them something to stare at.