Hi Marti another Texan here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Glad to hear from you Marti and that you live so close to me. Are you south or north of Conroe. Actually I live in Montgomery which is west of Conroe.

Also were are your docs located ? My rheumy is Dr. Thomas in the Woodlands and endo is Dr. Fox off 242 in Sadler clinic.

Gee, I can't believe you are so close. Maybe we could do lunch or sometime, if you are up to it.

You didn't have much in your bio so I can comment on anything else but would love to get to know you better, if you would like.

Hope to hear from you later on.

Hugs,

Granni

[This Message was Edited on 06/28/2008]
  2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Hi there,
    Do you like Dr. Thomas? I see Dr. Sheila Albuquerque from Kelsey. She is good but constrained by Medicare. She is ordering a TENS unit for me so I am pretty excited to try that. She is open and listens.

I like Dr. Jodi Caldwell too. She is functional medicine.

What is an endo? WHat is Dr. Fox's first name? I know a Dr. Lee Fox but I am a friend not a patient.

We should meet at 105 somewhere. Next week is sorta bad but we should keep in touch.

Marti

[This Message was Edited on 06/28/2008]
  3. Granniluvsu

Marti,

I can't be;ieve all the typos I made in that post to you. Was I in a hurry or what??

My endocrinologist who treats me for osteoporosis and hypothyroidism is Dr. Shari Fox. So you know the wrong Fox !!!

I am tryng to remember what else you said. Oh well !! Yes, I would love to have lunch with you too. Next week might be weird with the 4th of July and all but in the next week or might work. I will be gone to see my daughter in Crowley (close to Ft . Worth for close to a week July 15-20th. So, maybe before or after that.

We can either meet somewhere on 105 W where I live or maybe there is a nice little place in the shopping center where Academy is, 336 loop heading North I would call it.. I am trying to remember the name of it. It is also close to Tuesday Morning, a nice store to browse in. I am open for any suggestions.

I will keep in touch, I promise.

TTYL sweetie !

Hugs,

Granni

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Oh, yeah, I like that place. Good sandwiches.

How about after you get back?

Marti
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Another Texan here. I live in East Texas. Nice to know there are others here from Texas.

Kriket
  6. Granniluvsu

Where in TX are you from? I know that Texas is awful big but you are sure welcome to join us if you care close enough. Your bio did not say so if you want to tell us you can.

Hope to hear from yuu too soon if you would like. Drop in at any time and let usknow where you are from if you would like.

Hugs and blessings ,

Granni
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I am near Canton Tx. (First Monday Trades Day) I live about 60 miles east of Dallas.

Krik
  8. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Hi I'm from arlington Texas..........a native Texan ~ I grew up in the Houston Area.
    Glad to see some other Texans. :)
  9. Granniluvsu

Hi there Pansygirl,

Gee it would be nice if some of us could meet sometime when any of us are going to be in the area. It is ashame, in times like his that Texas has to be so BIG - hard to get together with people (-: !! Especially neat people like you all from this board.

Hugs and blessings to Y'ALL !!

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2008]
  10. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

checking in here.

I think that there are several more Texans here.

How have you been granni, I haven't been on the porch, not to much energy, and have been super busy. I will try to catch up with you on the porch.

Bevy
  11. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I have always wanted to go to Canton. I have never been. I am not well enough to go but I think it would be fun.

Does it really get as crazy as they say?

Marti
  12. Granniluvsu

Hi Bevy,

I'm doing OK I guess. However, I think I must have done to much at the gym the other day and the muscles in my chest hurt, esp, on one side. Weird - I am not coughing either. Just the usual Post Nasal Drip. I usually do mostly the treadmill for my osteoporosis but sometimes a little weights. However might have done to much.

Welcome to the Texas club (-: !!

Actually, as they say I was born and raised in NY (DH too) but "we came as soon as we could"!! We've lived here abaout 35 or more years already. Gee, it would be nice to meet one of these days but TX is so darn BIG -UGH !!

San Antonio is so beautiful !!! We have been their for visits with the kids when they were young and a year or so ago. Even square danced in front of the Alamo years ago .

Y'all feel free to chat anytime.

Love,

Granni
  13. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

It seems like we are all close enough that we could do a girls weekend together. Think of it. We get someone to drive us and we sleep all of the way, we get a nice hotel with king size beds and a pool. We turn the air conditioning to COLD, sleep/rest all day, order room service, and float! And if we have the energy we talk and maybe drink a margharita if it won't interact with our meds!
  14. Granniluvsu

Hi Texangal81,

Yep, I like your idea except the part of putting the a/c to really COLD.. Then I might have to put on a sweater like I sometimes I do at home when DH puts on the fans too(-; . Sorry but I am very sensitive to COLD, especially direct COLD. However, I can't take it TOOO hot either esp with the humidity. When I am having a hot flash forget it. I am really to old for that stuff but it does still keep happening - dang it !

Hey, who are we going to get to drive ??? It surely won't be me. I don't drive to far out of my comfort zone- like to my docs and shopping (-: !!

Thanks for posting !!

More hugs,

Granni
  15. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

And have two rooms - the room for the ones who can't tolerate heat and one for the rooms who can't tolerate cold!
  16. Granniluvsu

Hey Texangal81,

That sounds like a good plan. I love the limo part too. Since we aren't driving we also can have some snacks and drinks of choice - virgin drinks if you can't tolerate the alcohol. I'll have a few ritas or some vino.

Hugs all around,

Granni
  17. Granniluvsu

I think when we start posting to each other, like we have been, we need to do it on the Chit Chat board, K?.

We don't want to get into any trouble, now do we (-: !!??

I just noticed we were on the wrong board for chatting !!

I am the dopey one who started this post aren't I??

Hugs,

Granni