Hi Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjgkennedy, Aug 15, 2005.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I am thinking of asking my doc. to change me to Doxepin.

Is Doxepin also an antihistimane as I am coming out in red lumps now all the time and it is driving me mad. Its called Angiodema and I know Elavil which I am now back on releases histimane.

When I was on hRT I dont remember my skin being so bad. Antihistamines dont agree with me and I am on Clariton at present and it doesnt seem to be working. I am sneezing a lot and have watery eyes.

I would be glad of some advice.

The weather is lovely here at present and we have Dolphins out in the bay.

How is your grandchild doing?

God Bless,
    Mary
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Doxepin is used to treat depression. Other than that, I don't know much about it.

Have you ever tried Children's Benadryl? It seems to work for some of us and the strength is low enough that it doesn't usually cause droziness.

Did you have to stop the HRT or did you just want to. I've been on HRT for about 20 years now. I don't buy into the studies and I don't have a history of breast cancer on my Mom's side of the family. I'm now menopausal, so I only take the lowest dose of the Estradiol. I still take the regular dose of the progesterone.

I'm glad your weather is nice. It's still really hot and humid here and will be until the end of Oct. It's worse this year and that is what is causing so many tropical storms and hurricanes so early.

We have dolphins too. Sometimes, they will swim up to you at the beach and wiggle around and play. Right now, we have sting rays, so you have to do the Sting Ray Shuffle to avoid getting stung. I haven't been to the beach in ages. I've been so fatigued that I don't even go to the pool next to my bldg.

Hope you can find some help for your skin. That's miserable. Take care.

Love, Mikie